• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Suncor question

reaper020

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Just wondering if there is anyone on here that works for suncor in fortmac? if you do leave me a message an I will send you a pm I have a few questions about working there. thanks

reaper020

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I have been invited to a job interview at suncor and I have some questions about working there and also about living accomadations. Anyone no where i can get decent rates on rent in fort mac. also don't know to much about the mining at suncor or how far the pit is from town so any advise on where is best to look for accomadations would be helpful. thanks

dsichewski

congrats on the job interview! Good luck....unfortunately I can't offer much advise as I've only toured the syncrude site myself when i visited fort mac in 2007....You might want to pm Alco as he works for syncrude and I'm sure could offer some valuable information...Suncor is just before syncrude...I want to say 30 min out of town....

reaper020

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
congrats on the job interview! Good luck....unfortunately I can't offer much advise as I've only toured the syncrude site myself when i visited fort mac in 2007....You might want to pm Alco as he works for syncrude and I'm sure could offer some valuable information...Suncor is just before syncrude...I want to say 30 min out of town....

ben46a

Depending on what part of town your in, its about a 15 minute drive. But there office is not at the mine site its just on the outskirts of town past Confederation way (road name) on the left. Rent in Ft mac is going to cost you between 600-1000/ month for a room. I pay 1000 but it gets me a furnished room, board, a plug in for my truck, private washroom and no other tennants to deal with.

reaper020

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
just finished my interview with suncor looks like it went pretty good. should know in a week.
man those iq tests are wierd

BLAZE

How did you make out with your interview?I to have phone interview in 2 hours and was looking for some help with interview questions.

reaper020

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I actualy never got the job. good to here you got a job there. what position did they offer you? I hear they are a pretty good company to work for.

Rush385

I also have a behavioral and aptitude interview with Suncor on the 18th, any help with what kind of questions they will ask or anythings I should say to help get the job would be appreciated! The position is for heavy equipment operator

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
they are here on the 16 of this month and so is finning and more tarsands producers. I might go down for a look.

ben46a

Dont waste your fuel on finning, I work at branch 40 mildred lake and theyre losing a lot of guys. No retention, you have to pay your own camp, and the lowest wages in the area. They tall us theyre gonna change that, but were not holding our breath.

jasmine

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
hi blaze, so how is it going with your interview?
suncor is going to test me this week for heavy equipment operator, anyone know about the computer test?
really need some help here.
thanks