• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

starting a small excavating business

Safety Mgmt.

Everyone has good points but the compliance tickets can mount up pretty fast when stopped on the road or in a compliance review by a state or federal officer. You need to be In Compliance as you start up a company...

zhkent

I like quickbooks. (2003) If you spend a little time and set up things
right.
I pay my bills by doing my checks on it, they are recorded into the proper expense category, and then printed.
The checks have the vendors address printed on, sign check, stick in window envelope.
By recoding them in the proper expense category the "bookkeeping" aspect is done.
At the end of year I copy the whole file to cd or usb stick and take to accountant.
Reports can be made at anytime from the bookkeeping data.
I would suggest if you try the program set up a fake company.
Then just take 30 or so bills, house bills, construction bills, whatever.
Enter them in placing them in there correct accounts. Print them as checks on blank paper just to get the hang of it. Also figure out invoice and deposits and your good to go.