• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Starting a new cut.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Heres a few pics from Thursday when we started a new ramp into the cut. Thought you folks might like them!

Attachments

• 5110 011.jpg
    5110 011.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,667
  • 5110 012.jpg
    5110 012.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,656
  • 5110 013.jpg
    5110 013.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,674
  • 5110 014.jpg
    5110 014.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,664

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Any time photos involve big dirt hogging excavators I'm always interested. :notworthy:notworthy

Great photos JTL, thanks for sharing :drinkup still at that Landfill?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You can tell that Cat dozer don't sit still. The blade on the front of it is polished to a shine. I'd say you could shave in front of that thing. :D

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Thanks guys!
ATCO- Thats funny you mentioned the shine on the blade. I went out today and pushed off the stockpile. When I was done I walked around the front of the Cat and darn near got blinded by the glare! We rented that Cat last Thursday. When the lowboy droped it off I was so exicited about getting to shine the paint off a freshley repainted machine!:) We have only put 23 hours on it since it showed up.
Jim Bruce- Still at the same landfill. About every time we get close to being done, they throw some more digging our way. Cant complain to much, would just like to be able to see some trees!
Jason

brynbaily

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Do you guys like those Komatsu trucks? We bought 4 new 605's last year and one of the four has has serious electrical issues and just about all the plastic interiors have been falling apart from the screws and bolts vibrating out.

Finish Blademan

Occupation
Sitework superintendent for Wolff Construction. ww
JTL, what are you fellas building there?That big track hoe is sweet....

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
they had a big cat hoe like that, 5120 or somethin like that dont really remember, down here building a new highway...pulled up beside it one night when they were still puttin it together and was like...damn, what a machine

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Do you guys like those Komatsu trucks? We bought 4 new 605's last year and one of the four has has serious electrical issues and just about all the plastic interiors have been falling apart from the screws and bolts vibrating out.

We have 4 of them as well. One of our trucks as well had some electrical issues. Nothing major, just some messed up plug ins for the fuel system and EGR valve. We also had one truck that came from the factory with the front brake lines hooked up backwards. We run without them, and it seemed odd when the brakes fell apart on the one truck at 1500 hours.
We havent had any other issues to speak of, other than having to replace the seat frames in 2 of the trucks. I guess they wernt designed for 250 pound plus truck drivers!!
Jason

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
that 5110 either has to come closer to me or im going on a road trip. sweet pics JTL will you guys ever even bring the 5110 this way? thanks for sharing these :notworthy

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
that 5110 either has to come closer to me or im going on a road trip. sweet pics JTL will you guys ever even bring the 5110 this way? thanks for sharing these :notworthy

Sorry buddy, I dont think theres enough space in Nampa for this big girl!!
We finished up the digging on the 1st. 1.6 million yards. The hoe will be setting for a couple weeks for long over-due, piddly maintance stuff. Come on up, Id be glad to show you around it!
Jason

cat 385

nice pics JTL, i hope to be able to run a big hoe like that sometime,even with all the bad I've heard about the 5100 series.

bigcatpip

have you guys ever try side loading with that 5110 and those trucks?

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
have you guys ever try side loading with that 5110 and those trucks?

Yes sir we have tried. It dosent work! When running a 10 to 15 foot deep cut, with a mass excavation boom and stick, you just aint got enough reach. We have tried it on quite a few differnt jobs, but it always seem to work better backing the trucks under the hoe. When a 5110 falls of a bench, the bosses seeem to get a bit exicited. Production stops, and the fear of wreaking a 3 million dollar machine, just makes us think twice!0508090757.jpg

0508090800.jpg

0508090805.jpg