• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Spreading Maine Clay with 1959 D9

250c

I grew up in Houlton Maine. I remember Maine clay as the stuff that came just after the snow melted and before blackfly season. Just pulling your chain lol. Link didn't work for me either.

Maine HD6B Dude

I am not familiar with Youtube, so try searching for 131 1959 D9 Spreading Maine Clay. I still believe it is under account Swinnism.

carlsharp

Nice old 9!

Anyone know the source of that blue paint? I have seen lots of old equipment in pics and vids that have it on them. Seems like more then coincidence that there are so many....

Maine HD6B Dude

HELLO,
The D9 had been sitting idle for a few years and after a little pony engine repair, it is up and running. Paint will come in the near future.
Thanks,
Mike

trucker1

Any chance that blue paint is "Cianbro Blue" local company based here in Maine, works all up and down the east coast, paint just about everything they own Blue and Battleship Grey.
George

Maine HD6B Dude

Good Day,
The paint scheme is from the Cianbro Company which originated from Maine and spread down the East Coast.
Mike

1970Cat16

Gees, I have owned a cat d918a which this apears to be, the CCU is incorrectly adjusted, the screaming you here is the operator engaging the clutch to hold the brake up becuase the cable control unit is not adjusted correctly or the brake band is worn out, the tractor sounds bad to me like bad fuel or low compression as well, look at the smoke coming out when he clutches it, black like it needs air cleaner and or injector work, this tractor should be running dirt over the top of the dozer easily, wish I owned it, would not let it work like this and look like this as well!!!!lol Bad owner and bad catskinner for sure, bet it has not been correctly sercived in years, poor old 18a!!!!