• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sounds of roaring diesels

tournadude

Occupation
Social Worker by education but heavy equipment fre
I'm working on a DVD of old film that had no sound and I am looking for ideas on where I might find sound effects of heavy equipment diesels. I've looked at some free sound effects sites but none of them have the serious heavy equipment sounds I am looking for. Any ideas anyone?

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
youtube, and start sorting out the junk from the good. I know in particular there are some good sound clips of euclid tc-12's operating...

loggah

Well you definately need a lot of 12-71 and 16-71 Detroit Diesel noise along with the big v-12 allison engines that were used in those old machines, some drag cars and WW2 airplanes used those allison engines maybe you could get some of the sound effects from avaition meets. you really need a lot of sound with those old beasts ,you know anyone that ran one much was hard of hearing !!!