• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
A few pics from yesterday afternoon, a Deere 270 in need of some pins and bushings at end of stick.
270 stick 007.jpg270 stick 003.jpg270 stick 004.jpg270 stick 005.jpg270 stick 008.jpg

dirty4fun

Very nice job again, don't think a person could tire of seeing your work. Thanks for sharing so often.

trainwreck

Tom how do you make sure that the line bore/welding set up is centered in the hole and straight from side to side?

TOM V

Occupation
Tom how do you make sure that the line bore/welding set up is centered in the hole and straight from side to side?
If the bores are not too bad I have tapered alignment cones, also have sleeves with some standard dimension o.d.'s with a 2" bore to fit my bars, and always pull some measurements.

coorecat

Good looking service truck you got there not a mechanic by any means but really like that set up. We use two F-550s but they are stocked
up pretty good, we've got enough tool's in them that you have to have a cdl to drive them if you put a 36" bucket for 200 size machine in
the back.We found that out the hard way on the side of the road!

TOM V

Occupation
Good looking service truck you got there not a mechanic by any means but really like that set up. We use two F-550s but they are stocked
up pretty good, we've got enough tool's in them that you have to have a cdl to drive them if you put a 36" bucket for 200 size machine in
the back.We found that out the hard way on the side of the road!

Thanks, thats a problem with the smaller service trucks, you have so many tools, parts, and equipment your just about to your max gross weight with nothing in the back.

FSERVICE

Thanks, thats a problem with the smaller service trucks, you have so many tools, parts, and equipment your just about to your max gross weight with nothing in the back.

i agree totally,thats why i went with the larger truck the last time i bought. your going to pay one way or the other might as well be comfy on the ride to & from jobs.

robin yates uk

when I was in the UK I visited my brother in laws farm to see his brand new Mercedes Convertible.I got chatting to his tractor driver who said he wished my bro in law would spend money on his equipment. Same story as yours, old oil, never change fuel/oil filters!Ah well it works for some I suppose

daterplant

Occupation
earthmoving repair business owner
Those are hub stakes, the wedge cut lets me adjust centerline of welder a little bit.

Thanks Tom V; Now when I look at them I can see the two wedges, simple things get the job done.
Nice work.

justafarmer

I love that porta power puller bushing puller. Looks like it has paid for itself for you a few times. You make everything look easy and straightforward. Gotta have the right tools for the job.

justafarmer

Do you have a hydraulic hose crimper that can hook up to that power pac? I would like to put a crimper in my service truck, but by the time you start stocking all the different fittings...

TOM V

Occupation
Do you have a hydraulic hose crimper that can hook up to that power pac? I would like to put a crimper in my service truck, but by the time you start stocking all the different fittings...
Yes I have a Gates mobilcrimp 4-20 with an air powered pump. There isn't room to stock fittings on the truck, so I just take what I think I need for hose and fittings.

TOM V

Occupation
Some pics from today, an ASV RC-30 with some hydraulic leaks. I think this is the smallest machine I have ever worked on.
ASV 001.jpgASV 003.jpgASV 004.jpg

dirty4fun

New meaning how much can be squeezed into a small space, skidsteers. Nice jack stands, what is the capacity of that model? Hope you got it healed up, did you pick the skidsteer up with your service truck's crane? Not many people able going to steal them if you leave them sitting out at night.

TOM V

Occupation
New meaning how much can be squeezed into a small space, skidsteers. Nice jack stands, what is the capacity of that model? Hope you got it healed up, did you pick the skidsteer up with your service truck's crane? Not many people able going to steal them if you leave them sitting out at night.
Just a few orings took care of the problem, no I didn't pick it the customer had on the blocks for me so I did have to waste any time, just tear into it and get it done.

TOM V

Occupation
A few from today, a 580C swing and loader bucket cylinder repack and injection pump.580C 001.jpg580C 004.jpg580C 006.jpg580C 007.jpg