• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some random pics

nedly05

Some more from early in the season.
A parking lot we built. Dug down to good ground, added base, crusher run top and then covered with topsoil and seeded. They wanted a grassy parking spot I guess:beatsme

Our new Kubota 121 loaded up. Has the 6 way blade and we went nuts this time and got a tilt bucket. Also have a 24" tooth bucket and hyd. thumb. She has AC and tunes too! This has been our highest hour machine this season. We've been taking it everywhere. Its easy to move and you can to a bunch of work with it.

The KX57 belongs to a company a few towns over. It was on the trailer with the 121.

Attachments

• big stump.jpg
    big stump.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 812
  • kubota 121.jpg
    kubota 121.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 805
  • kx57.jpg
    kx57.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 819
  • parking lot 1.jpg
    parking lot 1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 823
  • parking lot 2.jpg
    parking lot 2.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 814

nedly05

They don't seem to stay in order:beatsme

In this set:

Cleaning up some concrete off a job to haul away to an approved dump site.

A small garage pad we did.

Loading the single axle with a kobelco 330. I can load the single axle in 3 buckets and the tandem in 6. I would love to have this thing for a weekend. I could get a ton of work done in our pit!

Attachments

• garage pad.jpg
    garage pad.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 816
  • 110 load mack 2.jpg
    110 load mack 2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 806
  • 110 load mack.jpg
    110 load mack.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 836
  • 330 and SA 2.jpg
    330 and SA 2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 803
  • 330 and SA.jpg
    330 and SA.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 814

nedly05

Nothing too exciting. I will try to be better about taking pics of the cool jobs. I have to demo a big house in a few weeks at the site of the new fire station, so I will get some of that.Have a good day :thumbsup

dirty4fun

Good to see you have been busy, all work is good just some better than other. Hope the new fire station is high and dry, they get that done you will probably have more shop room, unless they have moved the fire truck out already. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Winch Cat

Occupation
Recovery and haulage of equipment (and vehicles).
Ned,

Whose 330 is that that you are using to load out with? And where? I presume that the house fire was Kathy's. I have most everything lined out to move the building that we looked at last weekend.

nedly05

Good to see you have been busy, all work is good just some better than other. Hope the new fire station is high and dry, they get that done you will probably have more shop room, unless they have moved the fire truck out already. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

We have moved the tanker out to the pole barn so we have room in there now. If the new station floods, the whole town will be gone lol!

Colorado Digger

thanks for the fotos nedly. that mack is a short truck isn't it? how many tons/yards do you normally haul? nice looking kubota, how do you like it. glad to see you are busy this year

regards, cd

nedly05

Yeah the mack is a short little bugger. With our overweight permit we can haul 18 ton from the quarry. If we are loading our selves we shoot for 12 yards. The tri-axles around here can carry about 22.5 ton. It would be nice to be able to haul that much but being able to get into the tight spots is worth it for us. The Kubota is awesome, super easy to move and still quite productive. Its really fast and accurate, and unbelievably strong. I will try and get some pics of it working. Starting a little driveway in the mountains tomorrow, so the Kubota is the machine of choice.

Colorado Digger

wow, are you guys 54,000 lbs for a tandem. on my kenworth t800 i can get 15 tons on. on my t600 i can only get about 13.5 tons, she is a heavy one. how much does the kobota weigh? turboed?
are you pretty well booked up? i backed off quite a bit this year, not working for a few of the large commercial guys anymore. the change in my attitude is huge.

hope things are well, cd

nedly05

wow, are you guys 54,000 lbs for a tandem. on my kenworth t800 i can get 15 tons on. on my t600 i can only get about 13.5 tons, she is a heavy one. how much does the kobota weigh? turboed?
are you pretty well booked up? i backed off quite a bit this year, not working for a few of the large commercial guys anymore. the change in my attitude is huge.

hope things are well, cd

The Mack is registered for 64,000. Thats with my overweight permit. Because its so short I can't really load over 60,000 and keep my rears loaded right. 18 Ton is right around 60,000.Before the permit I had to register it for 52,000. That was good for around 14 ton or something, I can't remember. The Kubota weighs 10,000 the way we have it set up. Our work load has tapered off quite a bit. We had a 5 man crew but we are back to 3, and it couldn't have come at a better time as things slowed down quite a bit. We have plenty to do for the crew size so that relieves a lot of stress.

hey Ned,

what brand is the tilt bucket you picked up for the 121?

I was told its a Kubota bucket, but it looks just like the Werk-Brau that was on the demo unit they brought us.

nedly05

Did a little demo project for the Fire Dept at the site of the new station. Took down the house and 2 small cabins (was a motel/cabin rental place). I had the 110 there and another member brought his 329 Bobcat and 1 ton. Luckily we have a certified dump site for concrete about 2 miles away so we were able to get it cleaned up pretty quick with the mini and 1 ton. It took 6 40 yard cans, theres about 5 yards left over so thats just going to the county C/D dump in a little dump trailer. Ground breaking is on the 8th. Almost a whole year from the when the other station washed away.

http://www.keenefiredept.com/images.html

The building in the training pics is the one we demo'd

Last edited:

Colorado Digger

6 40's? what are they charging out there? i just paid $192.00 flat haul from WM and 62 a ton for the debris. everytime i do flat fee they get so picky that the cans are only supposed to weigh 8 tons. we tend to load them aroumd 10 tons sometimes 12.
hope every thing is well. i thought you were buying a bigger hoe?? what's up? i am gonna have to update because everything i have i high hour and a have a load of major, rocky digs coming up. take care good work on the volunteer stuff at the dept.
regards, cd

nedly05

I believe it was 400 a can and 120 a ton to dump. Not positive though. I was getting 8-9 tons per can. We looked at going to a 200 but it was iffy to move with our truck and 25 ton tag. Then looked at a 160 and decided it was semi close in size to the 110 so we just decided not to buy big this year. We can hire a 225 for 150/hr so it doesnt really make sense to own one. We did buy a 5 ton kubota and have been using it almost daily since we got it so we are happy with that purchase.

Winch Cat

Occupation
Recovery and haulage of equipment (and vehicles).
We looked at going to a 200 but it was iffy to move with our truck and 25 ton tag.

Let me know when you step up to a bigger machine. I will be happy to lug it around for you. In fact I will be lugging one into your "backyard" very shortly.

nedly05

Wheres that,where they logged last winter? Are you building a new tow truck? Saw you all hitched up to the old Chevy last week.

dirty4fun

Good to see and hear that the fire department is going to have a new building. Hope it is closer to the top of the hill, in case you ever get another bad storm like that last one. Having a big excavator would be nice once and a while, but the moving of one can be a headache. I went through that with my 130 Case, till I got my truck and trailer, having to wait to be moved.

We got our first real rain yesterday, been a long while. To late for the corn crop, but will help the beans. Lots of wind along with it, still no power. The welder/ generator is working great. Get everything cooled off and fix breakfast, then let it rest for a while. The utility company probably called most of the guys around here to go to Chicago area. They go to where the most people live, get to us when they feel like it. That is ok, I am sure not going to live in a city.