• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

So, what kinda teeth go with these shanks?

pp13bnos

Can anyone tell me what kind of teeth fit onto these shanks? I don't know if thats even the proper term. :tong The name on the side of the bucket says Jones if that helps, and the bucket is for a ex120. Thanks, noob excavator owner/operator, CJ

Attachments

• _DSC3688m1.jpg
    _DSC3688m1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 678
  • _DSC3690m1.jpg
    _DSC3690m1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 656
  • _DSC3689m1.jpg
    _DSC3689m1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 654

Big Iron

Occupation
Project Manager
looks like the CAT shank that takes a 1U-3302 tip (CAT #) also looks worn

pp13bnos

No markings on them whatsoever. I'm guessing previous owner decided that teeth where only optional.:beatsme

Do they look like they need to be replaced? The excavator will probably be used about 200hrs a year, for farm use, the occasional stump removal, small pond build maybe. That kinda stuff.

BTW, thanks for the quick replys guys.

Last edited:

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
I would get some new teeth for them and just see how loose they fit there will be some wobble but for farm use some wobble is ok(no more than 1/4" at tip) if it's more than that you could either do some weld and fit or get some new shanks... but from the pics I think I'd just put the teeth on and use it... unless of course you start to have teeth fall off.

JDOFMEMI

Put new teeth on and call it good. If they are toooo lose, weld a bit on the tip to tighten it up. That is a trial and error job. Weld a bit, test the fit, grind it down, test the fit, repeat until you are happy with it. For the use you describe, don't get hung up on perfect when good enough will last for years.

Looks like Willie is spot on with the J-200 tooth from Cat. Pretty common size.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
By the 2" measurement across the width of the adaptor and the style of the lock washer recess they look a lot like Cat J200 adaptors to me.

A Long Tip for that adaptor would be a 1U-3202 - the "20" in the middle of the Part # indicates it's a J200 tip. Same thing works for any other J-series adaptor - "30" would be J300, "45" would be J450, etc.

I'd also agree with other posters that the adaptors look a bit worn, but you can't know until you try a tip on them. Build them up a bit with weld if you have to in order to stop them being too sloppy but don't try to get the teeth absolutely tight on the adapters. The idea is that fine material gets into the space between tooth and adaptor while the machine is working and does the final bit of "tightening" for you.

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
Here ya go

This is out of cat One Safe Source. Don't pay attention to my little arrow...that was from another order. The pin and retainer part numbers are there as well.

Attachments

• tip.jpg
    tip.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 523

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Maybe get just one first, on a sale or return basis, to make sure it fits before you shell out for a full set. Unless you can throw the bucket in the back of a pickup truck and take it with you............

Last edited:

dodgeram22871

Occupation
plantfitter
its cat 215 tips . remop teeth are good i put them on ajs 130 bucket 2500 hrs ago and they are still good and its digging heavy clay daily digging foundations.

pp13bnos

Its not a cat tooth. :/ The 1u-3352 fit perfectly except the pin was a little to large, and it was about 1/2" to wide. The next size down tooth was to small in general. I'm going to call Jones tomorrow and see if they can't point me in the right direction.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
How can the pin be too wide? The pin should be a part number appropriate for tooth? Did the retainer ring fit in hole in shank properly?

pp13bnos

Sorry, I didn't clearly state what was the wrong size. The Pin was about 1/16" to big. And the the tooth was 1/2" to wide. But the tooth fit fine, other than being to wider than the shank. Ehhh, hope I cleared that up. I think I need more sleep. ;)

pp13bnos

I pressure washed the shanks, then wire brushed the them tonight. On one side of the shank i think it says BCD, then on the other side of the shank, i think it says 9w 1304. The numbers/letters are all ground down pretty far, so I'm just guessing. Time to start searching google..