• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

SNORKELS ?

skyking1

here is a Riley 65 that had Danish registration. Not looking to sharp in this photo.
https://www.airhistory.net/photo/584999/OY-DRH

0584999.jpg

Says there it was donated to Danmarks Flyvemuseum,
but it is not listed as a project there so they scrapped it.

chris berlin

Hi, sorry for my late response..my computer went on strike !
Well California was my home for 40 years...so actually my heart is still there!
I am finishing up my TL-6 I will post a picture of it tomorrow. Love the model.
tell me about the Waltheres Excavator model..I am working in HO just in 9mm gauge...witch is about 750 MM gauge in reality. Not a US prototype but it works for me.
since you like exact model parts you reall should take a look at the model mechanic on Shapeways.
Be well

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Hi, sorry for my late response..my computer went on strike !
Well California was my home for 40 years...so actually my heart is still there!
I am finishing up my TL-6 I will post a picture of it tomorrow. Love the model.
tell me about the Waltheres Excavator model..I am working in HO just in 9mm gauge...witch is about 750 MM gauge in reality. Not a US prototype but it works for me.
since you like exact model parts you reall should take a look at the model mechanic on Shapeways.
Be well
Oh I know the feeling even though I only worked less than 2 years in Northern BC. Here some pictures of excavator from Scene Master - sorry not Walthers. It is 4 cm wide. I have 2 - next I will build as a log loader.

Attachments

• IMG_2544.jpeg
    IMG_2544.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2545.jpeg
    IMG_2545.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2549.jpeg
    IMG_2549.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2548.jpeg
    IMG_2548.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Here is a carriage made in brass. Pretty expensive - I paid around 100 Eur just for the undercarriage. I have not decided what to at on top.

Attachments

• IMG_2579.jpeg
    IMG_2579.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2577.jpeg
    IMG_2577.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2554.jpeg
    IMG_2554.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4

chris berlin

Oh I know the feeling even though I only worked less than 2 years in Northern BC. Here some pictures of excavator from Scene Master - sorry not Walthers. It is 4 cm wide. I have 2 - next I will build as a log loader.
The KIBRI MENCK face Shovel...around EU 25 to 30 on E Bay....
I love the detail of the winch assembly..used it on other models with exposed winches...just closed the doors on the Menck.
here is my conversion...a MENCK body and chassis....tracks from Shapeways....the Cab is from an UB 80 Excavator, I used 2 of them to create the raised version......The Boom is from Clever Creek...the A frame Shield and snorkel are scratch build.
You should check out Shapeways ..the MODEL MECHANIC..he has some really great stuff...
here are some pictures of the undercarriage I IMG_5288.jpgIMG_5287.jpgbought from them...
Looking awsome - I guess it is N-scale. Tell me about rigging - its not easy at all.
No it is HO...IMG_5286.jpg

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
The KIBRI MENCK face Shovel...around EU 25 to 30 on E Bay....
I love the detail of the winch assembly..used it on other models with exposed winches...just closed the doors on the Menck.
here is my conversion...a MENCK body and chassis....tracks from Shapeways....the Cab is from an UB 80 Excavator, I used 2 of them to create the raised version......The Boom is from Clever Creek...the A frame Shield and snorkel are scratch build.
You should check out Shapeways ..the MODEL MECHANIC..he has some really great stuff...
here are some pictures of the undercarriage I View attachment 303670View attachment 303671bought from them...

No it is HO...View attachment 303669
Yes it looks to be an Menck. Does Kibri and Scene Master have some kind of agrement.
I know shapeways and bought some models. Interesting with the carriage - I have not seen that before. Thanks for sharing.

chris berlin

Yes it looks to be an Menck. Does Kibri and Scene Master have some kind of agrement.
I know shapeways and bought some models. Interesting with the carriage - I have not seen that before. Thanks for sharing.
There are quite a few companies in the US that sell KIBRI models under their name.
An other great model for conversion is the UB 80. It is an old GDR model still made and sold by ESPEWE.
When buying the the model, the first thing to do is get rid of the horrible rigging ! I have the original manual ....And if you are interested, I have the contact to the manufacturer where you can order them un assembled or like I did with extra cabs...Used on other models...nhere is the original one I made in to a shovel loader...it does have Railings now...shovel loader.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Thanks for information. I might say go for your offer later. Right now I can’t figure out which logging loader I will build. But for sure I will order 1 or 2 of Kevins TL-6 (Canadian style)

chris berlin

Thanks for information. I might say go for your offer later. Right now I can’t figure out which logging loader I will build. But for sure I will order 1 or 2 of Kevins TL-6 (Canadian style)
They are fun models....great detail...just the window...they gave me a headache.....make sure the snorkel attachments and caps are 3mm...otherwise it does not look right ! and here is one just to mess with you a bit...interesting setup...not too many where build...but an interesting machine....858197_10200135244096693_2078683818_o.jpg298198736_10225054998434977_8517749724974705441_n.jpg1013085_1020vb0671701947804_491251728_n.jpg