• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

slipform paver

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
This is very much like the gutter and kerb machine in another thread, just that it has a different mold on it.:cool2
I had only previously seen the top of the finished slot drainage channel as I was trimming the stone fill at its sides ready for blacktop.
I was :eek: to see it had a bit hole up the middle, thought that you might be as suprised as me.
The last pic shows the air blower that keeps the tube inflated while the concrete sets, it runs off a normal site compressor. Once the concrete is set the tube is deflated and removed threw the slot on top.

When the channel is finished the mold will be changed and the concrete barrier will be formed.

Attachments

• extru1a.JPG
    extru1a.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,233
  • extru2a.JPG
    extru2a.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,006
  • extru3a.JPG
    extru3a.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,144

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
type 1

For the past couple of weeks I have been with a gang / crew placing and trimming the type 1 fill to either side of the slot drain.
Due to the depth it has to go in 2 layers, so the nightshift have been doing the first one and work off the other carriageway as the QMB gets shifted.
But they only have a short window 10pm until 5am which actually only gives them about 5hrs working time. To try and keep things simple we do the trimming in the daylight, less people on the ground in the dark to keep it safer.
I dig the stone out of the truck and then tip the last bit, otherwise the stone ends up going into the barrier and is a pain for the lads to clean out.

Attachments

• cent res 004.jpg
    cent res 004.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,666
  • cent res 005.jpg
    cent res 005.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,647
  • cent res 006.jpg
    cent res 006.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,660

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I do the other side same way, only I can get my oscillating bucket in there as its a bit wider. Thats the side the barrier will go.

Attachments

• cent res 008.jpg
    cent res 008.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,649
  • cent res 007.jpg
    cent res 007.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,640

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Once we finish, one layer of blacktop goes in.
Then the road plainer ( haven't managed to get pics as it does it at night ) cuts two steps for the next layers of blacktop to tie in to.
Then the barrier gets slipformed, ( see other thread ) finally the wearing course goes down, the cones magically disappear and its finished. :D

Attachments

• cent res 010.jpg
    cent res 010.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,620

luzer

How to handle the cracks on?
I heve a problem whit supervisir, so water can go to the road construction and then ....

What is your min radius, whit your machine? for example curb

I use slipform paver for offset job and roads 15 years. CMI, Wirtgen and Gomaco.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
How to handle the cracks on?
I heve a problem whit supervisir, so water can go to the road construction and then ....

What is your min radius, whit your machine? for example curb

I use slipform paver for offset job and roads 15 years. CMI, Wirtgen and Gomaco.

Hi Luzer, sorry I dont run the paver, I know nothing about them in the tech department.
Do you mean cracks in the concrete channel. The day after laying they cut crack inducers about 2" deep with a disc cutter about every 10 feet.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
More channel

Another job and guess what :rolleyes: trimming stone for channel.

plant 014.jpg

Different machine and mold this time and I learnt something.
I was not impressed when I came in next morning and saw some muppet had dug holes all along my finished stone :Banghead

plant 001.jpg

But there is method in the madness

plant 002.jpg

The holes are for the extra concrete where the barrier posts go, the fencing gang quite literally bang the new posts into the wet concrete behind the paver, run a float around the post and its done :notworthy

plant 003.jpg

The only way I had seen it done previously was to core the holes out after at about £40 each I believe

plant 017.jpg

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
concrete corer

Finally caught up with one of the machines that cuts the holes in the concrete for the new crash barrier posts.

Attachments

• 21112008067.jpg
    21112008067.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,281