• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

skytrak 6036 weak tilt

roamaround

This skytrak is a 6036. Non turbo. Serial#1611. It is horrible at curling/ tilting with a load. If I pre curl with a load and raise to get over something ....as I lower it wants to dump it off from curling down by itself. I cannot correct it. If i try it dumps further. Steering is super jerky until warm on a cool day. 40 degrees Celsius. Pump seems to cavitate. Tried thinner oil but didn't fix it. Any insite?

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
I Don't know what kind of temperature you deal with, but in Michigan I've seen ice crystals form on the suction screen in the hyd tank causing pump cavitation problems. Even changing the oil doesn't fix much because of all the old contaminated oil in the cylinders. Concerning the attachment tilt problem iv'e seen the slave cyl bypass oil internaly causing fork tilt problems. The tube can swell to the point that even rebuilding don't fix it. Also bad port relieve valves in the control valve can do it.

roamaround

1 year later I see your reply go figure. I took the machine to the Skytrak dealer and was charged $840 for a tilt cyl reseal. Bam still does the same thing. Very dissapointed. Tried to tilt 3500lbs about 3 feet from fork face / gate. It wouldn't budge. Friend of mine has the same machine same year and his will tilt easely anything it can lift. I will have to bring it back. I feel if the pump will lift substantial weight with the boom that the pump should tilt the same weight. I don't believe it is the pump causing the issue. Is there a different pump for the tilt. I don't think there is at least I can't visually see one. We have no issues with the cold here in Las Vegas NV.