• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skytrak 6036 tranny

Broome1

The upper driveshaft from my engine to my transmission won't turn. A few days prior I could smell a burning plastic smell coming from the transmission side. The conection from the shaft to the transmission was also very warm. Disconnected the shaft and the engine turns but not the transmission. My thoughts are that my torque converter has gone bad. The local mechanic says it may be a bad electrical signal going to the transmission, telling it to brake. Any help would be great!

aerolift

SkyTrak

The upper driveshaft from my engine to my transmission won't turn. A few days prior I could smell a burning plastic smell coming from the transmission side. The conection from the shaft to the transmission was also very warm. Disconnected the shaft and the engine turns but not the transmission. My thoughts are that my torque converter has gone bad. The local mechanic says it may be a bad electrical signal going to the transmission, telling it to brake. Any help would be great!

Do you have ANY hydraulic functions?
Steering, Boom Lift, Tilt?
If not, you have most likely "lost" your coupler.
The connection between the engine and the hydraulic pump/trans.
The fact that your driveshaft is not turning, makes this very likely.
Call Steve @ 734-516-5675 with your model & serial # and he will guide you thru the repair.
It will require purchasing a updated coupling link and driveshaft between the engine and trans.
Routine stuff, he'll have you back up in no time.

Broome1

The shaft is still attached to the engine side. I could take it off and check. While all attached the tranny would not allow the starter to turn over the engine.

aerolift

The shaft is still attached to the engine side. I could take it off and check. While all attached the tranny would not allow the starter to turn over the engine.

Please, get your machine serial number and call Steve.
JK