• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

skytrack 10042 main boom hoses

phx

I have a skytrack 10042 and I noticed the two larger main boom hoses were sun baked so bought a pair months ago. Today I inspected and found a hint of fluid wetness so I need to replace with urgency.

two questions

1) is there any system bleeding necessary after hose replacement?

2) the hydraulic site glass seems to be 1/2 down... (mid between full and the red line).. any guess on how many gallons to top it off?

Thanks!

Moonlite

Just exercise the boom a few times and that should work out all the air. Did you check the fluid level with unit hot or cold?

Moonlite

I would replace the hoses exercise the boom then check hydraulic oil level after unit is warmed up.

aerolift

You will find it handy to wire the end of the replacement hose to the fork tilt cylinder end of the old hose. Pull the damaged hose thru the boom and around the hose reel and finally out of the slot at the bottom of the outer boom and connect it to the steel supply line. Do this with both hoses.
The ideal amount of hyd oil in the tank is at the 1/2 point in the sight guage.
No bleeding is necessary. Just cycle the fork tilt several times.
Good luck.