• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Suggestions

Equip Junkie

I have a Bobcat T770 that gets used for plowing in the winter and landscaping in the summer. I have the standard solid undercarriage for grading better. In the winter I run the multi-bar Bobcat tracks, because they make a HUGE difference. I use a 10' snow push with ease with the multi- bar tracks, with stock tracks you can hardly do it. The T870 is a huge machine for sure. I have had one as a loaner while my 770 was in the shop and I couldn't get over the extra width or length. I have used 590, 650, 750, 770 and 870 with in the last year and they all have differences. My next machine will probably be a 650 size. Does a decent job with a noticeably smaller length, width and weight. If you end up with a track machine, definitely invest in the multi-bar tracks. I still have my stock tracks and I switch them out in the spring.

Just a quick comparison, I used to have a 30 hp Massey 4x4 tractor. With the bucket and 6' angle blade on the back. It would take me 3 hours to plow my driveway and two parking area's. Takes 20 mins with the T770.