• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

skid steer roll over

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
Never flipped my skid steer but came very close one day going over a stump i didn't know was there.

CEM

Occupation
State Prison
After picture

I got into the loose dirt with my bucket about head high, Layed it on its side. Took the tractor, set it up on two wheels. Left it and took this picture. Nothing a tractor for stability and a wrecker couldnt resolve.

Attachments

• 0326090641b_384331.jpg
    0326090641b_384331.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,072

Cat287B

Good Thread

I was running our 330cl, D6 and 287B yesterday, in a hurry with more rain on the way. I was trying to get 2 things done at once and had to move the 287 out to the haul road. Some one parked the 330 right in the way, so I started pulling down a pile of dirt between the 330 and a 6 foot drop off. Then I thought of this thread
Got off the 287 walked 30'and moved the 330 out of the way so I could get by. Sometime you gota slow down to go faster.
Yall think about this thread more often and maybe you wont be posting a picture of what happened to you.
Thanks HEF

toomacho

Occupation
High School Teacher
made me think :yup

I'm glad I took the time to read this thread. I will use the seat belt every time, not just when I think I need it from now on.
Oh yeah, and get a hardhat!

lgammon

i have had a few close calls but always saved them, but down the road about 4 miles a old guy in his 60-70s had a older bobcat skid. when they dug his basement they stocked piled the top soil. it was a a big pile they leveled off the top and caped it with clay to keep it dry. well we was trying to get some of it , so he gets on top of the pile and tries to scrap off the clay at the edge. well i guess it got a way from him and he did a front flip a couple of times. when it rolled it broke his neck and killed him instantly. kind of scary we put in his septic for him. his wife saw the whole thing really sad

Wawrecker

Doesnt take more than a 2x4 laying flat on the floor with a 453 equiped with narrow demo tires and its on its side.

ReBob808

Newbie needs to post

Put my 1845C up on it's nose (normally hauling logs or rocks) regularly, get over backwards occasionally - not all the way over, just 8.5 on the pucker meter - never over sideways. Close but no cigar.

toomacho

Occupation
High School Teacher
Saw it

By the way, has anybody ever seen a skid steer loaded on a flatbed pickup without the use of any ramps? Want to?

I saw the video you are talking about. No too smart doing that while there was traffic going by. With that said, it was very cool!

ja pop

one time

i was putting in the driveway for our new home in swampy ground i got the bobcat buried perpendicular to the driveway my buddy hauling the fill decided he could pull me out with a triaxle loaded with gravel, he hooked the chain to the bucket and proceeded to pull, do to the fact that i was perpendicular to the drive and skid steer tires dont turn i wound up on my side being pulled down the drive it was quite entertaining i must admit :eek:

Psavas

I've flipped her on her back a couple of times..than had to drag out the backhoe to pull her up right...It's really only scary the first couple of times

I've gone nose down a few times, nothing that the bucket didn't stop from flipping but a little pucker anyway. Another time, I was going up a grade forwards to pick up a bucket to load on the trailer (ya I know!) and hit a rut, started to go over backwards but a quick reverse and a spin kept the wheel side down. I had been going between a parked motorcycle and a 4 man 4wd ATV, I did miss both of them when it was all over but it was close. Always keep the heavy side uphill in one of these SS, they stay upright better that way!

Losingweight

I just drop one into canal... Got lucky it went sideways and ways able to get out.
Had to pull it straight up with a big backhoe. Sorry to post off topic, but looking for some tech help

It is a Bobcat 436, Any idea where I can get info on engine. . Anything under seat to worry about. The gauges where all full of water, sprays alternator with wd40. Oil was coming out of intake. I drained it and filled it with diesel, going work on it tomorrow. Trying to find how to get heater plugs or injector out so I can crank engine without breaking a rod.

Any ideas will be appreciate .... And no pictures , we where too busy trying get things out before it sank further.