• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Silver Spade, largest model in the world

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare

Attachments

• boomtopdetailsd.jpg
    boomtopdetailsd.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,392
  • cableguy3.jpg
    cableguy3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,560
  • spadedipperattached.jpg
    spadedipperattached.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,146
Last edited:

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
The model was sold to Kevin Anderson in Denver, Colo. and Kevin also has the largest model of the Big Muskie in the world . It used to be a working model but the last owner told me it had some problems working these days. It is 1/48th or 1/50th scale . So Kevin has two very unique mining shovel models.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Not to hijack from the Spade topic (and your work continues to amaze me), but was the Muskie model built by a fellow by the name of Mike Wellman in England? He built a model of it somewhere in the 48-50 scale, but he passed away and I haven't heard news of it since.

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Steve Walken from Cleveland bought it from the fellows mom in England after he passed away several years ago. Keven just bought it last year as Steve is thinning out his collection.