• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Side Boom

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
594's

Heres some shots of recon 594's that landed in my mailbox this week, only
395000 Euro :eek:

129.jpg

142.jpg

147.jpg

Liebherr1967

Side booms

Hi Rob,

All Liebherrs booms indeed have a wider track pad on the lifting side. This to have a lower ground pressure and being able to work closer to the ditch. Machine has a 6,7 ltr. 132HP engine

We also have paywelders, these however have same track width on both sides.

The two with folding boom are 20-tons machines (CAT 572 = 40 tons.). The top is a special boom extension which can lift about 1 ton (welding tent). With only the standard boom it still does 4 tons over 5 m. The remaining boom is foldable and it folds over the cab, providing easy transport. See below picture :yup

This machine also has a rear platform with generator and welding positions to use it as a paywelder. We call this a Multi.

Attachments

• PIC00022.jpg
    PIC00022.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,422
  • RL22 1006 PPS (2).jpg
    RL22 1006 PPS (2).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2,996

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
This machine also has a rear platform with generator and welding positions to use it as a paywelder. We call this a Multi.

I spotted the rear platforms after I posted which suddenly gave me the idea of the boom extension to lift a tent and it being a paywelder. ;)

That folding boom sure does look like a very niffty bit of kit. Very easy to transport and ready to rock on arrival :notworthy

tctractors

Weighload warning

Rob I have done a stack of work on Side Booms, but I have never had my spanners on the W/L/W/S you described, they must be on the "Newer Stuff":);)

tctractors

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Rob I have done a stack of work on Side Booms, but I have never had my spanners on the W/L/W/S you described, they must be on the "Newer Stuff":);)
tctractors

:lmao took me a minute to work that one out, no I wouldnt expect you anywhere near it with a spanner :D

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Rob, from where (who ?) did you get the offer for the CAT 594's ? :confused:

Its from one of the many outfits I contacted several years ago when looking for a duck, I haven't got around to "unsubscribing" from thier database as once in a while something intresting drops in the "inbox" :D
MHS Salzkotten

lfhyj

Hi Rob,

All Liebherrs booms indeed have a wider track pad on the lifting side. This to have a lower ground pressure and being able to work closer to the ditch. Machine has a 6,7 ltr. 132HP engine

We also have paywelders, these however have same track width on both sides.

The two with folding boom are 20-tons machines (CAT 572 = 40 tons.). The top is a special boom extension which can lift about 1 ton (welding tent). With only the standard boom it still does 4 tons over 5 m. The remaining boom is foldable and it folds over the cab, providing easy transport. See below picture :yup

Have you got any more side boom pics

Patrick65

Occupation
Dealer for pipeline equipment

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Hi Rob,

these was my machines and their sold to a Nigerian client. Price was 300.000 Euro each unit complete rebuild with new sideboom equipment. The machines got a conversion from a old D9G to a fully hydraulic sideboom.

Welcome aboard Patrick, hope you didnt mind me posting the pics, but they were offered to me first :D

Martin

I was recently in Toronto on business from australia and a bit of a highlight was hulchers recovering a train wreck just north of the city.Using Sidebooms.It was a good spot with a bridge to stand on to watch the action.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
a highlight was hulchers recovering a train wreck just north of the city.Using Sidebooms.It was a good spot with a bridge to stand on to watch the action.

and the pictures are where?..........................:beatsme :D

Martin

Just got to get my act together and resize them.It was a good afternoon though 4x sidebooms recovering a tank car.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Here is a couple of Side Booms

Attachments

• work 034.jpg
    work 034.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 874
  • work 033.jpg
    work 033.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 843

trainwreck

here is the boom i run on trainwrecks. when in use the boom is stright up and bolted together.

Attachments

• sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 829

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Hi trainwreck
Quick question, is your side boom a side boom with a blade, or a dozer with a side boom? just wondering?