• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

sewer line relacement

reddot556

started a new job with a new company..i get to run Kobelco's. For the last 10 yrs i've only ran Komatsu's so i was a little bummed out. But to my surprise they are nice!!
On this job so far we have a Kobelco 210, Takehoochie(?)mini excavator,john deere 410(old!!)and a older beat up Cat 950..myself and one other operator to run them..(kinda busy during the day!!)more pics to follow as the job progresses

Attachments

• rqawt.jpg
    rqawt.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,009
  • GetAttachment (2).jpg
    GetAttachment (2).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 998
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 994

rino1494

Judging from your previous pics, why would you look for another job ?

Red Bank

Are you installing new sewer line or replacing old line? I am curious as to how much line can be laid in one day. The company I work for does pipe bursting and sliplining. One of the selling points is no open cut, and faster finish times, typically on our jobs we have a Cat 420 backhoe, one mini excavator and a dump truck. The backhoe has a hammer and a tamp for the rear, and a 4-in-1 bucket on the front. The mini digs the insertion pit and the services.

Reuben

started a new job with a new company..i get to run Kobelco's. For the last 10 yrs i've only ran Komatsu's so i was a little bummed out. But to my surprise they are nice!!
On this job so far we have a Kobelco 210, Takehoochie(?)mini excavator,john deere 410(old!!)and a older beat up Cat 950..myself and one other operator to run them..(kinda busy during the day!!)more pics to follow as the job progresses

I love our Kobelco's. They are fast and never let us down. Ironically I am calling the dealer in the morning to get a 210 delivered to one of our jobs.We are renting it with the option to buy. What is you opinion on the 210. Are you running the newer model. It looked like you were

reddot556

sure has taken me a long time to respond..lol...job lost money...we only averaged 200ft a day for the shallow "flyline" pictured..after the flyline was put in we tore out the existing line (14ft deep) and replaced it with a new one as we went along..good news is we broke no utilities and no one got hurt