• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

setting manholes

wrc

What is a good place to look up the specs for midi excavators? I am considering purchasing a different one than I have, currently my mini is about 7000lbs then my next size is a 15000lb rubber tire hoe. I think I'd like a 12 to 14000lb mini but not sure if it could handel manholes and storm boxes. currently I use my rubber tire hoe and I had to set a manhole yesterday and I got it done but it was not fun. my front end was floating about 2 feet in the air the whole time. dose anyone here use a large mini or small midi to move precast structures?

Tags

I had a Kobelco SK70SR years ago and it would set a 48" drainage sump without the concrete curb back and drainage grate top on it. Just the sump weighed in around 4-4500 lbs and it had to be in pretty close to the machine. A 70 weighs right around 17-18000 lbs.