• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Serial A36172??

AliC6

First of all, Hello everyone! First time posting.

A friend of mine has a dozer at the seaport he asked me if I'm interested in buying it but I can't seem to find what Model/Company is it from all he sent me is the serial number 'A36172' the dozer doesn't seem to have names written on its litreally in a container. He doesn't know the model/company either.

Here are some images he sent me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

_20180809_162231.JPG Screenshot_20180809-162430.png _20180809_161911.JPG _20180809_161949.JPG

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
Looking at the pics its got Komatsu rippers, so I would say its a D 80 or D 85 or maybe a D 150 or 155, fairly early model I would say. Not much to go on as the pics don't show enough.

AliC6

Looking at the pics its got Komatsu rippers, so I would say its a D 80 or D 85 or maybe a D 150 or 155, fairly early model I would say. Not much to go on as the pics don't show enough.

Sorry mate those are the pics I could get from him if i ask for more I'll only get more of those of the same ones it's litreally in a container.
what about the serial no.? Can't look it up with it?

CavinJim

That "serial number" is most likely just a part number. And exactly what part is really hard to tell from the photos.

Tinkerer

It always amazes me what types of things get crammed into a shipping container.
How true that is Vetech. How did they get it in there on it's side and not damage the floor ??
I would like to see it come out of the container and what they do to it before the engine is started !
Hopefully all the fluids were drained before putting it in there.
_20180809_161949.JPG

ianoz

thAT IS NOT A SERIAL NUMBER . t is just the Part number /caSTING NUMBER FOR THE PART