• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Semi /tractor to tipper conversion in 1/87 scale????

steve kicic

Occupation
unemployed at the moment
Hi all, Im getting a few 1/87 scale trucks and earthmovers in my collection, mostly Herpa Promotex brand.

I have some Kenworth Tandem rear tippers, am looking at doing some different cabs, Mack, Volvo, International and so on for variety. Now im thinking get for example, a Mack sleeper cab tandem axle rear, remove the sleeper, and buy the seperate tipper body and attach to the chassis!!! sounds easy, anyone else done it in 1/87 scale???
Other option, buy another Kenny, and see if cab can be removed easily, and swapped to a Mack, or other cab on same chassis?
Or buy a chassis kit, buy seperate cab and seperate tipper body???

Other plans include a 2 axle pig tipper, also a 2 and a 3 axle dog tipper. Any advice will surely be appreciated!!!
Thanks
Steve

steve kicic

Occupation
unemployed at the moment
Where do you purchase your kits from?
Hi, most are pre made by Herpa~Promotex, I get them on ebay from 2 dealers
Nostalgic Lifeblood Hobbies
Frank9941, american prototype hobbies www.amerproto.com
both are very good with post and prices to Australia, excellent service, much much cheaper than buying here!!! by far!!!
Also available direct from promotex, dont have the website for that with me, also many spare parts/add ons available. All plastic models and very detailed i reckon. I must have close to 40 pieces so far!!!
edit these are preassmbled, a seperate frame comes with mirrors, airhorns and driving lights,which you need to attach, there are a few kit semi cab.tractor units avail and a few earthmovers too as prebuilt and as kits.

Last edited: