• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scrub Puller

balls2go

It seems that I've ballsed up my acres and hectares.
The total aggregation of the company is around 97000 hectares, about 240000 acres.
33000ha has been developed for irrigated agriculture.
It is only possible to water the entire area in large flood years,usually about one in ten
Government is continually under pressure from green groups and other stakeholders to buy the property and return the water back to the Murray Darling river system.
View attachment 155799
WOW! That's incredible........

movindirt

It seems that I've ballsed up my acres and hectares.
The total aggregation of the company is around 97000 hectares, about 240000 acres.
33000ha has been developed for irrigated agriculture.
It is only possible to water the entire area in large flood years,usually about one in ten
Government is continually under pressure from green groups and other stakeholders to buy the property and return the water back to the Murray Darling river system.
View attachment 155799

Thats half the area of the county I live in :eek: Thats crazy big!!

mht1156

Occupation
Farmer, Truck Driver, Earthmoving
Yeah I live not far from this farm , could tell you a lot about it from over the years.

That stick rake on the D10 was 60 ft wide, ok on level ground but on virgin floodplain country it tended to drop timber when tractor dropped in depressions. On a big tractor no more than 40 ft is better, best is a 500hp wheel dozer with about 30ft of rake going about twice the speed of a tracked machine.MHT Phone 2015 562.jpgMHT Phone 2015 563.jpg