• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Schaeffers Grease

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
ct18fierman
"Would schaffer's help here?"
Yes.
I ship anywhere in the lower 48.

John DiMartino

Super Moderator
Occupation
Greenskeeper/mechanic
I have been running the full line of Shaeffers products for over 7 yrs now. The grease is one of my favorites.I run it in my loader,backhoe,and all the mowers. The biggest improvement I noticed is in the rollers that i used to get a season or 2 at the most ,now im still running the same rollers 7yrs later.I also havent lost a spindle bearing due to lack of lubrication since I switched over.I now grease my spindles less than 1/2 of what i used to. The only downsides to this grease is,it gets on everything,and is impossible to get off.For this and other hard cleaning tasks, Shaeffers also has a cleaner called Citrol. Citrol is amazing,it is the best cleaner Ive ever used hands down.Its made from the peels of citrus fruits,and it cleans everything.Guys order some Citrol,next time you order the grease.

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Here's a further update. We have been using Shaeffers grease since the summer. We have our backhoe on a job now that is 30 minutes from home and due to hectic work schedules, It hadn't been greased in weeks and it rained very hard for almost a week up here (yes I know that's bad). When I greased it yesterday, it took less grease to fill it up than our old grease did even though it got greased much more frequently before. If you're not using this grease or an equivalent quality grease, you're missing out on some serious protection.

Fordpickupman

Occupation
Estimator
The Molybdenum is what makes this stuff work. I've been using Moly grease for 10 years in my pickups and snowmobiles. Good stuff.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I use some sort of off the shelf moly grease on all my pins etc. I find it hangs on a lot better than ep grease. However, i have done some bearing repairs and found the moly grease packed inside, hard and dry. So i have become diligent about using ep in bearings, moly in bushings.