• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scan a 259D skid steer

Jmarc

I just joined the forum. I noticed someone scanned their 259D skid steer. How do you do that? What type of scanner and where do you plug into the 259D?
Thank you

ahart

I’m sure there are other sources of software that have some connectivity to cat’s data link, I have no experience with those. The only fully functional software is Cat ET (Electronic technician) and is only officially available from the dealer. I know you can probably obtain it from other sources but I’m not an expert in that either, mine came from the dealer. The plug in is in the fuse panel behind the right arm rest.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Jmarc!

I moved this thread over to the skid steer forum.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If you post the machine Serial Number and a photo of the upper RH instrument panel in the cab there is a chance you can access diagnostic information without the need of an external tool.

Welcome to the Forums Jmarc!

I moved this thread over to the skid steer forum.
Maybe should've been the CTL/MTL forum seeing as it has tracks.....

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Maybe should've been the CTL/MTL forum seeing as it has tracks.....

Oops - trying to admin and watch the SEC BB tournament at the same time. o_O