• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sany

Thefp

It's a video put on youtube by SANY. I guess if someone is going to put out positive press, you would hope sany would like their own machine.

You asked what word on the street was, and real user impressions aren't good. If you want one, buy one. No one here is stopping you.
I love mine so far. Given no problems, half the cost of cat, dealer had been fantastic not that it has needed service
Steve, Sometime in the near future I have intent to make a purchase if my cardiologist and urologist allows me ( I have a heart murmur plus prostate cancer) Anyway the machine that I choose has not been determined as of yet. Something in the 6000 lb class. I simply want the best bang for the buck. I think that this is a normal requirement. I have been to Deere, Caterpillar, Case, Bobcat, JCB, and finally Kubota. Something that I will mention is that I do not care for second hand opinions. Anyone can say that this machine is a piece of crap. OK, show me the documentation or proof. Talk is cheap but unless you have some sort of documentation to back up your claim then keep your mouth shut. BTW,As for now the Deere 26G is on my radar if my dealer can find me one. Thanks for asking, Ken
sany has been good to me so far. Buddy of mine burned up a brand new John Deere with 30 hours on it in my driveway. Jd treated him like crap. Didn’t get his machine back for almost a year. I would have never been able to afford a 60 model in any other brand. But that’s ok cause cat would never call me back anyway. I can just imagine what their service would be like!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Thefp. Glad to have you.

Well you sure do love your Sany as your first 3 posts here on HEF are extolling the Sany virtues. Who's your dealer?

Thefp

Bodie at Appalachian equipment solutions. He’s been tops. And yes I do love it so far but still on the honeymoon with it. Will let you know if my opinion changes. But it does **** me off people are just bad mouthing them with no experience with them. It’s all I could justify $$$$ wise and it’s a 55 hp not a 26. Cat would not even return my calls. Bodie answers my questions after hours and on weekends, not that he would do that all the time I’m sure. Five year warranty, I’ll roll the dice on it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Bodie at Appalachian equipment solutions. He’s been tops. And yes I do love it so far but still on the honeymoon with it. Will let you know if my opinion changes. But it does **** me off people are just bad mouthing them with no experience with them. It’s all I could justify $$$$ wise and it’s a 55 hp not a 26. Cat would not even return my calls. Bodie answers my questions after hours and on weekends, not that he would do that all the time I’m sure. Five year warranty, I’ll roll the dice on it.

Are you a contractor or is the machine for your personal use?

Personally I don't have a high opinion of them from the handful of Sany excavators we've been around and operated on job sites, in addition to 25 years of owning and operating heavy equipment.

It's just a personal opinion from an industry full of opinions, don't let it bother you.

Thefp

Are you a contractor or is the machine for your personal use?

Personally I don't have a high opinion of them from the handful of Sany excavators we've been around and operated on job sites, in addition to 25 years of owning and operating heavy equipment.

It's just a personal opinion from an industry full of opinions, don't let it bother you.
Oh yea I totally understand everyone has the right to their opinion. Just seems like people get jumped when they say something nice about them. Like I said I’m still in the honeymoon phase but I adore it. I’m a plumbing contractor and I use it around my house and I am planning on doing excavating work where I just moved back to in West Virginia. I’ll answer any question that anyone has. Just did first oils change and they made it so easy I didn’t get a drop on me other than putting the oil on the filter o-ring.

skyking1

Yrs indeed. I earned the right to badmouth Daewoo, for example, when I ran two different 200 class machines and they both could not walk and chew gum at the same time. The pumps and hydraulic circuits were wrong by design.
I'll also say straight up that the 303.5 CAT is not as nice to operate as my 35G Deere, and I can go over the details of why.
i probably won't get a chance to operate a Sany, as nobody has them in their rental fleets around here.
One place has some 3 year old pictures of Sany in their rental fleet but all they have now is Kubota and Bobcat.
I asked them if they still rented out Sany. We'll see what they say.

MG84

For moral and political reasons I do not do business with Chinese companies, especially on a large ticket items and durable goods. People really need to stop JUST thinking with their wallets, we’re headed down a bad road...

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I tend to agree on principle but not in practice. If Deere and their cohorts are not making a machine that people want, simple, stupid and able to fix it, then by all means buy Chinese.

Deere and the others are using intellectual property laws to shove garbage at everyone here.

skyking1

Yrs indeed. I earned the right to badmouth Daewoo, for example, when I ran two different 200 class machines and they both could not walk and chew gum at the same time. The pumps and hydraulic circuits were wrong by design.
I'll also say straight up that the 303.5 CAT is not as nice to operate as my 35G Deere, and I can go over the details of why.
i probably won't get a chance to operate a Sany, as nobody has them in their rental fleets around here.
One place has some 3 year old pictures of Sany in their rental fleet but all they have now is Kubota and Bobcat.
I asked them if they still rented out Sany. We'll see what they say.
The rental outfit got back to me and I thought I'd share some real world experience.
This is a quote from
Paul
Mason County Excavator Rental

"There good machines parts are kinda hard to get. Compared to the Kubota's and Bobcats we have now they are a lot slower and they don't have a floating blade but are just as strong. They used to be a good deal at 30k when we bought them in 2020 but now being in the 40s, they are just to close to the name brand units to justify the cost also their financing is not as good as Bobcat or Kubota. Hours for hours the Bobcat E35 seems to be the best as for wear but the Kubota is very close both closing in on the 2000-hour marks. For home owner use if you can get the Sany in the low to mid 30s it's a good buy. "

I asked his permission, and he went on to add:
"I don't care but the name brand machines are better. the Sany is not a bad machine if you can get it cheap enough. "

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I am curious resale wasn't mentioned. What little I know about the rental industry, getting a higher percentage of your money back when you sell your rental equipment is a big part of making money in the business. Did your contact mention any of this? Does the reduced initial investment disappear at sale time or do they hold their value on the resale market?

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
While Sany is in no way a preferred model, at least Sany is a big Company. Here in Seattle looking on Craigslist, I see little models (1-2 tons) from Lynx, Agrotk, Vicsec, Groundhog, AGT, operating with Briggs and Stratton Gas Motors. Even Northern Tool has one. Yikes!

Thefp

Running my Sany sy60 c right now. I’ll say it again prob not half the quality of a cat or jcb but was less than half the price brand new and has five year warranty on site warranty which hasn’t been tested yet.

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
That's true. And for the price of $9000.00 it could be cheaper than having some employees, that these days don't show up, or have no idea how to use a shovel. Then again, although the build quality looks great for the money, it's in the details on how the machine may last. On this web site, we all know about parts and repairs. I think I would still suggest a name brand mini digger with a diesel engine, 3500 hours, a couple of buckets and a bit more money.

Attachments

• 01515_5BPWtAqJOrs_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg
    01515_5BPWtAqJOrs_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 00Q0Q_hca2I7LxGWk_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg
    00Q0Q_hca2I7LxGWk_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 19
525 hrs on my sany sy50u. great little machines. no where in this thread of haters did anyone come up with a specific issue other then CHYNA. hate to break it to you but everything comes from chyna. your politicians sent all of the industries overseas and deindustrialized north America. wish it wasnt so but it is a reality

mark ingeman

525 hrs on my sany sy50u. great little machines. no where in this thread of haters did anyone come up with a specific issue other then CHYNA. hate to break it to you but everything comes from chyna. your politicians sent all of the industries overseas and deindustrialized north America. wish it wasnt so but it is a reality
love my sy35u

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
At the end of the day, I really don't care how good they are, I ain't wearing a China hat to the game.

I know everything is made in China, but you had better write something other than Sany or Lui Gong on the boom if you want me to buy it.
I believe Lui Gong is owned by Chinese investors, SOME Chinese manufacturers are owned by the CHICOM Government!!!!!

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
In my area they offer 5 years 5000 hours warranty, they started producing Telehandlers in Germany for Us market
Sany is owner of Putzmeister concrete pumps too
Does warranty cover a loaner or rental if it stays in the shop 6 months for repairs under warranty? Nope