• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sandvik DR460 Single Pass Drill

maputowhite

Any users of these drill rigs on here?

We have them & they are real dogs.

Would be interested in knowing of any aftermarket mods available for the hydraulic system.

Merry Christmas.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well maputowhite, not more than a hand full of drillers on the site that I'm aware of, and my experience with drilling is not with blast hole drills, but I have to ask, just why is the Sandvik a dog? As compared to what, Ingersoll, Atlas Copco? Is not Sanvik realted to Driltech? I could be wrong, but doesn't Sandvik and Driltech make quality products, industry leading products? Don't know, just asking.

maputowhite

Yes correct Driltech but these things we have just dont run - hydraulic pumps every few thousand hrs.
Mast chains & sprockets worn out in the same hrs - as I said just dogs.
The ozzies I believe have quite a few running but with numerous aftermarket mods.
That's why I was asking if anyone had any info. On the pumps - speeds, flows, case drain, additional accumalators etc.
Thanks for your reply.

rolatyor

We got a DR460 here at Pascua-Lama, Chile, Southamerica, and the rig wasn't able to drill more than 5000 meters before it have a massive failure in its electric system, among other hydraulics and engine issues. Can't give you detailed information on what was it, all i can say, according to my experience, Atlas Copco rules in this industry.

DDAcorey

Hi maputowhite, Do you still need help with the DR460 ? Our company, has mods, info and parts for them.

Single pass Dr460 machines are not too bad in some circumstances. The ones i have worked on have been modified. Change sprockets to bearing type, auto lube etc. Harder/special Lubricated chains. Hyd and electrical mods