• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
I was just comparing the horizontal straps on the side of the cab and they seem to match the photos higher up on the page. I think it is one too. I could not imagine sitting next to a 12" exhaust in the cab at full roar as being very pleasant. I don't see much snow on the ground, so I wonder why it was wearing chains.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Avola area is a very wet part of the interior so I am thinking mud is the big problem there. As they get a ton of snow in the winter there.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Tahsis Company in Zeballos had one of those in 1971 when I started there it was T219 . I chased on it for a short while, and had the job of holding the trans in gear with my feet as it went down the hill. It had the habit of jumping out of gear when going down a hill and the brakes sucked so some one had to sit there with both feet on the shifter to keep it in gear. A interesting ride to say the least.

HDX

jackd Im workin on it for you. Saw one of our old yarders over in the scrap yard in Squamish some years ago and when I started looking for the names scratched into the body it was unreal how many guys I remembered on there that worked on her over the years. Was something guys did back then Just had to leave their mark for all to see. Scratch your name on the front somewhere. Most of the names were guys that were chasing on them cause they had time to do things like that. These things always had a huge coil of whistle wire hanging off the front end somewhere with the bug on the end. I still have one of the bugs on the shelf downstairs

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
jackd Im workin on it for you. Saw one of our old yarders over in the scrap yard in Squamish some years ago and when I started looking for the names scratched into the body it was unreal how many guys I remembered on there that worked on her over the years. Was something guys did back then Just had to leave their mark for all to see. Scratch your name on the front somewhere. Most of the names were guys that were chasing on them cause they had time to do things like that. These things always had a huge coil of whistle wire hanging off the front end somewhere with the bug on the end. I still have one of the bugs on the shelf downstairs

Was M & B using any of these things before they started buying 009's and converting logging trucks for undercarriages? My first choker setting experience in 1976 was on the J-139 (track mounted Madill that came from Cameron to Sproat to end her years.) I too remember scratching my name on the front of many yarders that I worked on a a rigging slinger - it wasn't solely a pastime of the chasers.

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
Was M & B using any of these things before they started buying 009's and converting logging trucks for undercarriages? My first choker setting experience in 1976 was on the J-139 (track mounted Madill that came from Cameron to Sproat to end her years.) I too remember scratching my name on the front of many yarders that I worked on a a rigging slinger - it wasn't solely a pastime of the chasers.

995427_647296035300087_2004361581_n.jpg

10670154_908926392470382_6571935219483840336_n.jpg

10170851_908916582471363_107256324156743576_n.jpg

Middle photo is the First 4800 ever made.^

Scott_527

I was just looking around on the Madill website and didn't see the 124. They had the 2250, 2850 and 3800. Anyone know what the story is there?

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I was just looking around on the Madill website and didn't see the 124. They had the 2250, 2850 and 3800. Anyone know what the story is there?

You did better than I did. All I found was the 2250 feller buncher. The new website must be having issues. Looks like it'll be quite attractive when it's working properly though.

Scott_527

If you click on products it takes you to the 2250 but if you hover over the products button you'll get a drop down menu with the three machines I mentioned. I agree, the new site looks good, much more professional than the last one. Maybe they still need to iron a few things out with it though.

Madill website

If you click on products it takes you to the 2250 but if you hover over the products button you'll get a drop down menu with the three machines I mentioned. I agree, the new site looks good, much more professional than the last one. Maybe they still need to iron a few things out with it though.

Yarder information for the Madill website is currently being updated and will be added. A 124 and a 172 are being built.