• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rotating grapple controls

kaffine

I got a rotating grapple to use on a Cat 308D. I figure I can use the thumb controls for the clamping of the grapple but I'm not sure how the rotation should be controlled. I'm not sure are functions able to be added to the joysticks or would I need to replace the joystick with one that had more controls already? Serial # is CAT0308DCGBT00128 .

I currently have a hydraulic pin grabber that I will have to remove to use the grapple as the pin spacing doesn't line up. At least from what I can tell the pin grabber wont work as the pins are 1.5" closer than on the bucket and I don't think the pin grabber can adjust that much. I think if I just pin it to the stick I can adjust the linkages to work. Then again I've never tried so maybe I am wrong about the linkage spacing being able to adjust 1.5".

Can I reuse the lines for the pin grabber to control the rotation? I'm assuming at the very least I would need to make some changes to how the controls work. Right now it is a switch.

The grapple is a cheap import RB auction special. I'm using the machine around my house not to make money.

Thank you.