• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Replacement forks sourcing CAT/JLG TL943 telehandler

hound

CAT TL943: Anyone know good source for used (or new) telehandler forks? I need 8-12’ forks for picking long thin and tall pallets of windows out of containers and shooting them through small openings in buildings; the longer the better. Also trying to keep the forks from getting too thick so they don’t fit under the custom pallets. We’ve had some bad experiences with extensions.

We can use a knuckle boom or another telehandler added to the first one to pick the really obscene pallets. This is for productivity on the normal 8-18’ & 1000-4000# pallets and reduced stress on the windows from heavy strapping around the end of the pallet back to the backrest.

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
Suggestion....

Try these people. Said to be adaptable to the customers problems/situations. From your post, you might need a set of block/brick forks, modified as to mounting brackets and use more than two for capacity.

• Fork-Co
  • 19113 Amoco Drive South
    Alvin TX 77511
    United States
  • 281-692-1667
  • info@fork-co.com

hound

Suggestion....

Try these people. Said to be adaptable to the customers problems/situations. From your post, you might need a set of block/brick forks, modified as to mounting brackets and use more than two for capacity.

• Fork-Co
  • 19113 Amoco Drive South
    Alvin TX 77511
    United States
  • 281-692-1667
  • info@fork-co.com
Wew, looks extensive. Thanks for the heads up.

crane operator

Used 8' forks that aren't bent are going to be hard to find. 12' forks are really rare. I've never seen 12' on a telehandler. Only on larger straight mast forklifts at a scrapyard or lumber mill.

Really thin forks are "FTP" if you are looking at ordering. They are made for splitting lumber or other materials on jobsite or sorting yard. The forks taper both sides. I do see that type of forks occasionally on telehandlers, with carpenters wanting to split lumber piles.

I do long skids also with two forklifts, one to pull the skid 2/3 of the way out the trailer. Second forklift grabs the middle of the skid. Pull truck ahead. But it can be a real pain.

I think you will have a hard time finding anything longer than 8'.

jatt

I cant be much help on the who to send you to from the other side of the ditch.

Yeah got the same dim opinions on extensions.

Just took delivery of a pair of 7ft tynes that Im going to run on a floating bar. So long story stort, got some 4ft units and the 7ft units on their own respective bars.

Can swap out quickly with the quick hitch on the JCB.

But yeah really didnt want to go bigger than 7ft.

Interesting to see what you wind up with.