• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

repairing excavator body panels

bvfdfire

Occupation
project superintendent for highway heavy construct
I have seen vendors in the past that offer weld in replacement roll pan corners and sheet metal repair panels in the past. For the life of me, I can't remember where! Does anyone have an idea where I can find this. I have a 9040B that needs about 4 feet of the lower roll panel replaced. Thanks in advance

bvfdfire

Occupation
project superintendent for highway heavy construct
Almost a year and no one has an answer? I know that there is bound to be someone that has a clue? Or does NO ONE ever restore excavators?

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . .

bvfdfire Dunno mate.

It may be different in a huge market like the US but to me it would seem illogical for an outfit to make and stock panels.

With photos, measurements, and some plywood profiles any decent sheet metal shop should be able to roll/press/fabricate pretty much what you need.

When doing this sort of cosmetic repair I usually tried to go a little lighter with new panel to make it easier to bend,spring or panel beat into the exact shape.

Cheers.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
If there is a company out there that makes aftermarket replacement panels for equipment I'd like to know too.

For instance I would like to replace the sheet metal on our 321 under the cab that bolts to the car body. Cat want's north of $2K for it, not going to happen. In the mean time I've straightened it up some and bondo'd it. It looks ok but I'd like it to look better.

I'd be willing to pay $500-700 but not over $2K.

Cmark

You can buy repair sections from Cat. Here's a 330C we repaired a few years ago.

Image087.jpg
New.jpg
DSCF2652.JPG

Attachments

• Image83.jpg
    Image83.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 239

bigshow

Make a cardboard template, take some pics and measurements or borrow somebody's piece you want to have made and have a local fab shop make it. I've done it many times and have had good luck. Plus, you're shopping and supporting local businesses!