• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Removing rad. cap

Welder Dave

Hoping someone has ran into this before. I had to climb up on the hood of the grader to be able to push down hard enough to get the rad. cap off to check the coolant. Put it back on but it wasn't aligned the same. Have the 1st stage loose but can't get it off. I tightened it up where it is but want to be able to get it off in the future. Is there a trick to removing them? It needed a really good push and was hard to turn even with the handle when I finally got it off.

Attachments

• 20231112_155030.jpg
    20231112_155030.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 23

BluewaterLa

Occupation
Field Service Tech / Semi retired
Cant say that I've had that issue though I am curious to what others have to say and any tips provided.

Welder Dave

It is kind of bizarre. I put it on and realized it wasn't orientated the same way but when I turned it back I couldn't get it off.