• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Reliable $5k-15k Dozer...

Nitelite

Occupation
Retired
Yeah CM , I also liked the 555 . A high lift might be something mossyoakpenn could consider in his search for a machine .

Hang on a second ................

Found a late 70's Cat 941 in south central PA . Tracks also look good .

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=10461679

Judging from the sprocket teeth, the remaining distance left that the front idler can be adjusted and the grouser bars she will run a long while with that UC. The cab is a plus and the sheet metal seems good.

td25c

Good point Nitelite , I'm guessing the tracks on the Cat 941 have 2,500 to 3,000 hours of use still in them ? They look pretty good .

That's about the best I could do just looking through machinery trader in central PA . I'm sure there our many other tractors of that size & price range with decent under carriage that would work fine for what mossyoakpenn wants to do .

Keep in mind .... A lot of people consider these machines obsolete & outdated so they don't move fast on an equipment lot . They wont bring big money at the sale .

They will do big work if well maintained & operated .;)

rino1494

I might have a dozer for you. I am located near Wilkes-Barre. Pretty close to where 80 and 81 meet. We have an old Case 450 that we have had for over 30 yrs. We do not use it too much anymore and have been tossing around the idea of finally letting her go, although my dad does not want to. Here is a link to an older thread from where we painted it.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?1350-Old-dozer-new-paint

We also have a Case 450 track loader that is similar we are looking to part with.

Last edited:

Post Oak

Hey folks, new guy here. I just bought a house with 20 acres of woods that needs some serious lookin-after. The terrain is mostly hills and valleys with some streams here and there. Ill be maintaining a few old logging roads, controlling erosion, and doing some hardcore landscaping and I need some advice.
What kind of dozer do ya'll recommend? Im leaning towards a small to medium size tracked dozer with a 6 way blade that will be living at my residence and not going anywhere else. I require something in the $5k-15k price range that is very reliable and easy to work on myself and has great parts availability. I know that's asking a lot of a dozer in that price range but there must be a few models meeting that criteria.
What do you think?

I was in a similar situation, I had 33 acres that needed to be cleared of brush. I also wanted to build a road and do some ditching, so last fall I found a Komatsu d20 p6. I got nearly done with the clearing and developed some kind of steering problem which will require tearing into the tractor. I am not sure yet what is wrong, (going to tear into it today) but I am sure that it is going to cost me some $$$$. My point is that you will want to be able to do most of the repairs yourself or have some pretty deep pockets. Like one poster said, its like a high stakes poker game.