• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rehabing Case 855D; tracks are very noisy; need some advice please

viking1

Can you post some close up pics of the rollers , rails , and how the rails set in the rollers , and bushings in the rails ? You may want to have a local psr guy look at the uc and actually measure it. I know these are harder on uc than the dozers are with the added weight on the front.

Machine is being transported home tomm DJ; will post pics then. It actually seems to be starting from the rear (problem just began after I reinstalled the hoe). What's a PSR?

jasonmo450b

Viking,

Do you know if the seller you got the 5.9 from has anymore engines for sale? My father inlaw has a 855 that is knocking and blowing smoke.........we were wondering if you'd be will to give a ballpark on what you had to give for the flebay motor and if you have any info. on what applications would swap in. Hope I don't have to deal with an engine swap/rebuild on my 450B dozer......it has the original case 4cyl. and I would like to find out if I can swap in a 3.9 cummins like the 450C's have in them. Thanks for any info. anyone can provide!

viking1

Viking,

Do you know if the seller you got the 5.9 from has anymore engines for sale? My father inlaw has a 855 that is knocking and blowing smoke.........we were wondering if you'd be will to give a ballpark on what you had to give for the flebay motor and if you have any info. on what applications would swap in. Hope I don't have to deal with an engine swap/rebuild on my 450B dozer......it has the original case 4cyl. and I would like to find out if I can swap in a 3.9 cummins like the 450C's have in them. Thanks for any info. anyone can provide!

I got EXTREMELY lucky when I found my 6T590. It was all completely fresh (turbo included) for $1700. It came from a huge outfit that sells millions of $$ worth of machines per year, and I am assumming this engine was being used as a doorstop (or was just in the way).............