• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Quick question regarding crushing.

T_S_S

Occupation
Owner , Total Site Solutions
We have a very large job we are currently pricing . (Transforming a large portion of a 600 acre ex airforce base into a park, creating a 28 acre lake amoungst many things, doing the demo of roads, decomishing all sanitary, and services and installing new, large amount of stripping, grubbing landscaping etc) Anyways there currently is a large amount of concrete from 2 buildings that were demolished awhile ago, as well as the concrete we will be dealing with. The material is to be crushed and a portion reused on site. We have experience with crushing but with the scope of the job might not be doing it ourselves beacause we will be to busy. Does anyone know an apprx unit cost for crushing? ( lets say for a 2-3" size finish product):beatsme

Pigseye

Depends on the estimated tonnage to crush, and how much rebar, and the infeed size as well, does it need to be processed down again to be crushed?

greywynd

T_S_S give me a pm of your email and I can send you the phone numbers for a couple crushing outfits from my area, if you're where I think you are, they may even be willing to travel if there's enough work.

I know the one company had a 3 bay concrete block workshop gutted by fire a number of years ago, they set up a small crusher and reduced it to gravel again. :D

If it is the one I'm thinking of, I might also know a contractor or two that might be willing to do some subcontract work if you are looking for equipment.