• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Questions on fault tree of heavy equipment

alonzo

Hi All
Greetings! I would to build a kind of mining equipment (loader, dozer, trucks, etc) fault tree by defining the symptoms, causes and remedies for the different possible failures. If I consider CATERPILLAR machines, for example, can I use a CID/FMI list for this purpose ? If yes would ,the FMI be the symptoms; then what about the causes and remedies ? Or is there a standard/generic list (even short) of the different symptoms/causes/remedies on mining equipment?
Regards

alonzo

Hi All Greetings! I would to build a kind of mining equipment (loader, dozer, trucks, etc) fault tree by defining the symptoms, causes and remedies for the different possible failures. If I consider CATERPILLAR machines, for example, can I use a CID/FMI list for this purpose ? If yes would ,the FMI be the symptoms; then what about the causes and remedies ? Or is there a standard/generic list (even short) of the different symptoms/causes/remedies on mining equipment? Regards

alonzo

Hi !

I hope you doing are well. I am heading back again with this topic.

Are there any chances that someone provide me with a list of few “diagnostics” or “causes/reasons ” terms in case of failure for all or some model of CATERPILLAR machine like 992K/777D/773G/773F/D10T/D10T-2/D8R and all or a few model of KOMATSU machine like HD785-7/PC1250-8/GD825.

As stated in the previous post, for a fault tree (in my understanding) if there is failure, one has the symptoms, then the Diagnosis and the remedies applied ie the Effects then the diagnosis, then the remedies.

So is there a list (even short) of generic causes/ diagnosis terms for some of these machines ?

Regards

Welder Dave

I think there's too many potential things to go wrong and a lot of them can have different reasons for the failure, sometimes could be multiple reasons. Even in Cat and other service manuals there can be a long list of things to check and test in order to find the problem and/or the cause of the problem, especially on larger machines like you've listed.