• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question regaurding Fuel Filters on a 580B

WB Automotive

Occupation
Apprentice Mechanic
i spun on two new fuel filters (Fram P3318, P3319) on the machine, people are telling me that the dirt got passed the primary and secondary filters and into the injection pump and was ruined. i cant belive that Really!!!

I took a sample of the fuel from the tank and it is clean!!

How can dirt get passed those 2 fuel filters.

Any inquiries..

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Are you saying that you fitted new filters when you installed your "reconditioned" injector pump - the pump that couldn't push fuel to injectors - & now the people you sent the pump back to - say the fuel was contaminated?

WB Automotive

Occupation
Apprentice Mechanic
yes 100% on.. thats what the company has told me. i just have a funny feeling that the pumps that were sent to me were no good besides that. when i installed on machine not a drop of fuel to those injectors.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
If the pump was "reconditioned" & not 2nd hand - you would have to tell them they were dreaming & ask what drugs they are on!
A new pump would work - if only for a short while - regardless of the quality of fuel.
You should have got to run & then bad fuel would do damage after hours or days of use.
Hope you can get your money back, & good luck on next pump you get.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
If the pump was "reconditioned" & not 2nd hand - you would have to tell them they were dreaming & ask what drugs they are on!
A new pump would work - if only for a short while - regardless of the quality of fuel.
You should have got to run & then bad fuel would do damage after hours or days of use.
Hope you can get your money back, & good luck on next pump you get.

I agree with you alrman. That's absurd for them to say debris trashed the re-man pump. Any good re-con pump, at the very least, is going to start the motor once. And it would take time to destroy it even with the most crappy fuel. Thankfully, for me, I have a number of injection shops in my town.

WB Auto, do you not have an injection shop within at least 50 miles of you? Heck, I'd be willing to travel 50 miles just to be able to lay a faulty re-man on their counter and ask, "ok, what's going on here?". :cool:

WB Automotive

Occupation
Apprentice Mechanic
Yes i totally agree 100%, however what really mind boggles me is how could they say it was my fault. Alrman or Atco were can i find a good reman pump.. if you know of any places .. greatly appreciate your times.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yes i totally agree 100%, however what really mind boggles me is how could they say it was my fault.

Remember, they can say whatever they want. The burden of proving otherwise is then on you, which your not going to be able to prove.

I can't help you much with where to obtain one as I have 3 injection shops in my town to choose from, so I don't go outside of my area searching. I asked in my previous post if you have an injection shop within driving distance of you. It's always good to be able to walk in to their counter and work directly with a person standing in front of you, even if you have to drive some miles to where they are. If there is no one near you, I just don't have any advice of where to go to obtain one.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
WB Automotive, if you can't find anyone in your area/region, here's a company that I have obtained re-man engines from them and haven't had any problems with their engines or injection pumps. They're in South Carolina, pretty good ways from ya, but I wanted to give you a source if you don't come up with anything else. :)

Here's their website
http://www.enginepowersource.com/html/engine_parts.htm