• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question for Alrman

sr-oz

Alrman, seeking your advice.
Got to replace the engine mounts on the old 580k. Can you recommend a place in oz to get the engine mounts from at a reasonable price? Part # D60627 x 2 and D133316 x 2 , I tried one place and prices were $35 ea inc gst and $66 ea inc gst. Was hoping to get them for a little less. U.S. citizens are lucky in that they have heaps of choices and cheap prices compared to us. I'd consider getting them from overseas but the postage is insane. Any thoughts?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Sorry mate, I only use genuine as there isn't any other choice that I have come across that is convenient.
I just grin & bear it.
You could try Griffith Traders, but I don't know if the savings will be that great??

joe--h

Don't know about crocs, but alligator doesn't taste like chicken.
If it did, it'd be a hell of a lot easier to just eat chicken?
Joe H

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I don't know what your chickens taste like down under but croc of gator doesn't taste like chicken neither does frog legs.

sr-oz

Just an update on the engine mounts, I ended up going genuine, actually wasn’t too scary.
I just wanted to report the difference the new mounts made. What a difference! I recommend if your 580 k or similar vibrates excessively change the mounts. At idle my exhaust used to wobble but not any more she’s quite still. The engine still rocks a tad at idle as other members have reported on this forum but it now doesn’t transfer to the whole machine as before. My old girl has just clocked 10000 hrs and still goes well.
One of the rear mounts I’m sure was upside down it was newer looking and was probably done by the previous owner, the other 3 were displaced and in very ordinary condition.
Shite of a job but well worth doing also repaired a few other faults while at it. Took off fan cowl left radiator in place undid mounts and carefully jacked front of engine up first with a jack either side of oil pan where the bolts meet the block. Then did the rears. Bit of stuffing around but very pleased with the result.
Thanks to all that have reported this job previously I was able to research the procedure before I started.
Especially the magnetic pick up tool!