• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

question about weight of dozer

carogator

I have searched and tried all I know to find a website or guide to Cat weights and came up empty. Does anyone have any idea how or where to find the operating weight of a 1952 D6 9U cable Cat with 6N winch on rear? Any help will be much appreciated.

Old Magnet

Here are some weights:
Bare tractor 9U 17,215 lbs
D6N 1,635 lbs w/o cable
Blade angle w/#24 CCU 3,900 lbs
Blade straight w/#24 CCU 3,365 lbs.

Add for misc and any ROPS structure etc.

frogfarmer

25k seems light for a D6 although given the source I guess its right. Give a call to your local heavy hauler and see if those numbers work for their permits. My permits are for 35k to move my D6. My permits are for over width not over weight.

Last edited:

YELLOMTLMILITIA

CPH says the D6 9U wieghs 17,975, i wonder if that is with ROPS??? It says they didnt start including the weight of the blade until 1967.

interstingly enough the D6B had significant less drawbar power than the 9u but weighed 500lbs more.

Old Magnet

Can't always believe those rehashed stats. My original literature shows drawbar hp is same for 9U & B at 75hp with operating weights of 17,730 and 18,280 lbs. No ROPS back in them days.

YELLOMTLMILITIA

Im sorry I meant Drawbar pull it says the d6 9u had 19k lbs of pull and the D6B had 16,240 lbs of pull. You are correct the Hp is the same for both machines though