• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Quadco

Landclearer

I was wondering if anyone had used Quadco teeth on Fecon mulchers or Morbark grinders. I am especially interested in the Woodchuck teeth for the Morbark grinders. We tried Morbarks version if the chipper tooth but were unhappy with it.

Thanks,

Chris

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Quadco Feller buncher bits (teeth) work awesome for a mulcher …… I was a Guinea Pig for them when they introduced their own 54" drum style mulcher, I was swinging it on my Cat 320CLU w/hi-flow hydraulics ….. It was amazing !!! …. until you touched/hit a frigg'n ROCK !!! ….. the bits literally exploded and then there was not just the cost of replacing the bit, but also the cost of the special bolt c/w hard washer …. BUT when in the right environment it worked great with the ability to rotate the bit 4 times (hence the origin name of Quadco) …. this style of teeth are not new to the mulcher industry, there are other manufacturers out there using their bits too …. cheers

Last edited:

Landclearer

Hi Craft,

Thanks for the input. I do know about the 4 sided teeth, we had them in our feller buncher. I hit a piece of rebar with them and that was the end of that set. The ones on our Fecon are pretty tolerant of rock and steel. According to their site, they make some different mulcher as well as grinder teeth now.

Thanks,

Chris

axeman73

Occupation
equipment operator
I've used conical/bullet shaped bits like for asphalt grinder on an excavator bush shredder

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Landclearer

Axeman, we are looking at grinding pine and hardwood cut with a buncher and skidded to the grinder. We would like to make fuel chips with it. On the Fecon mulcher I was just wondering because then Quadco use the same holders again and you just replace the tips.

Thanks,

Chris

axeman73

Occupation
equipment operator
Ahh i see yeah fuel wood chips most customers want a clean consistant product mud dirt and rock always reek havoc when trying to get constant product

Landclearer

The mills and bio plant around here are getting to a point where they will not take mulch, they want chips. I wish they would build more bio plants here, we have more wood then we can stand.

axeman73

Occupation
equipment operator
We don't have that in Ohio what exactly are you using to make chips

Landclearer

Everyone is using chippers now. They still take a little mulch but I see that coming to an end soon. A lot of guys are fuel chipping instead of cutting pulp wood.

axeman73

Occupation
equipment operator
Lets face it logging & land clearing are never done in perfect conditions so mud/dirt ect. Is always a problem

axeman73

Occupation
equipment operator
Kennametal makes good grinder teeth but i think its mulch grind

Landclearer

I will look at the kennametal teeth. I would not mind finding something better than what we are using now. I agree, you will never get rid if all the dirt. The mills make you trommel mulch but will take chips right out of the chipper. We have thought about the Morbark quick switch chipper setup. I was hoping to find some teeth that would make a more chip like product without taking out all the hammers and so on to put the chipper skin in.

axeman73

Occupation
equipment operator
Most of the manufacturers are doing that quick chip we got good results from an old trelan chipper