• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pushloading scrapers

alco

Rather interested in load counts since a million tons is not hard to do

It completely depends on what material you're digging and how far you're moving it. It's not as easy as you may think. Have you ever moved 1 million tons in a day?....didn't think so. Hauls can be upwards of 8 miles for a round trip for some trucks, and may be as little as a quarter mile for others.

Depending on the series of 777s, they range from 85 tons to 100 tons rated capacity, so figuring in a 20% overload on a 100 ton truck...which may be on the small side depending on the material....220 loads a night would have been in the 26,400 ton range.

For us, it depends on which trucks are running from what shovels, how far they're hauling, and what the shovel is loading to give the load count, and it's changing all the time. So, unless you're in dispatch, there's really no way to count it up with 72 trucks and 11 shovels.

vapor300

Thats just what was hauling to us, which was usually only 4 777's. and the foreman for the mine (peabody) said that the trucks were rated at 100 ton. But they had 14 777's there were being loaded by that 5230, and i dont know how many 785's were down in the bottom of the mine hauling coal. It was my first time working around trucks that size, and man they come move a serious amount of dirt in a short period of time. They were striping the 10-20 feet of dirt off of the rock and using it to build the track, we moved 350,000 yards of dirt in 2 weeks.

Gavin84w

Little bit of pushloading went on here

IMG_2060.jpg

vapor300

Looks kinda like are spread we got sittin now, 15 631's, 3 d10's 6 D8's, 4 D6's, 10 740's, 4 740's with e-ject beds, and 10 john deere 9630's! Soon as we start rockin and rollin ill update with pics every week

vapor300

We have 3 10's on the job now and all have cushion blades, and im sure we will be getting a few more. Just found out today that we are buying 4 new 627's because they dont think the 623's will be able to get around very well. Id say by the time we are at full force we will have around 75 machines on the job. We already have what i listed above and we havent moved a yard of dirt yet.

squid_wood777

Occupation
Plant Operator
By the sounds of it vapour you wouldnt know sh#t from clay.Just coz you or anyone you know cant do it doesnt mean it cant be done

Shimmy1

Probably not worth beating this dead horse but Vapor said back in post #120 he saw 220 loads in one night. Now in a 12 hour shift that would be a load about every 3 min. What, were they getting loaded and driving ahead 50 feet and dumping again?? Maybe he meant 220 loads total between all the trucks.