• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Problem with KOMATSU PC 150 LC

Bill45

I have a friend with a Komatsu pc150LC. The hyraulics are working very slow and with no power. Put the arm down and it can't lift the tracks off the ground. Also has a error code EO3 Whats that. Engine sounds good. Did not bog down when using the hyraulics. Friend thinks its a solenold switch. What do you think. Thanks,Bill

GCC

Occupation
Excavation
How many hours are on it my ex is doing same thingand its the pumps but I have 14,000 hours on my machinei does the machine walk fine and if you let it sit for a minute then try lifting the tracks up.

Komatsu 150

I can't remember if that's the error code but if certain things happen the machine will go into a backup mode which will reduce engine speed and make everything slow and set a code. Have had had it happen several times when the engine speed sensor on the flywheel housing failed. I have a dash 5 which may or may not be the same but I can look up the code if you want.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
As I recall the EO3 code means there is a problem in the engine rpm control. Does the engine throttle control work? What Dash number is your machine? Have you checked the fault code section in the computer?

Bill45

Thanks everyone for the replys. To answer questions. (Gcc) I don't know the hours, will check. Yes the machine does walk find, but the machine is on flat ground. It will not lift the tracks even if it sat for a while (Komatsu 150) I'm not sure what dash number it is, I will call my friend and ask for the sn#. (John C.) My friend did say something about the throttle control. It does work, It throttles up when you move the control handles and idles down when your not moving any controls. My friend said something about not getting full throttle. Not sure what the working rpms are. Thanks again, Bill

jey_c

John, i think E03 is a problem in swing holding brake solnenoid system, a short or an open

John C.

Occupation
jey_c

I am assuming you are working on a Dash 6 model machine.

You have it correct. It is the general code for the swing holding brake. There is a bypass toggle switch that will give you that code if you have it shifted to continuously release the brake. On machines I've seen it is in the compartment with the fuse panel. There are two toggles and both will give you fault codes if shifted to the bypass side. One is the swing brake bypass and the other is the TVC Prolux switch which will bypass the computer control of the pumps. That system needs power to the solenoid to release the swing brake. Shifting the bypass puts power to the switch all the time unless you manually set the brake on the monitor panel.

FYI the general codes that will be displayed on the panel are as follows:

EO2 Pump TVC solenoid
EO3 Swing holding brake system
EO5 Governor motor control

The following are for machines with the Hyper GX systems.

EO1 Automatic mode system for Hyper GX
EO4 Control lever neutral system for Hyper GX
EO6 EPC solenoid drive system for Hyper GX

rpacbigpipe

we own a1998 150 and had to replace all of the throttle linkage for the same problem. machine runs like it was new I always run it in active mode most rpms

hammerman

Occupation
excavator operator
Hi friends I´m from Spain,excavator operator,I need to post for activate my account,I would like learn a few the specific terms about this "steel" world.I cannot give you something new about your problem.

felipearv

Good day, I'm from Colombia, I have watched this forum and I have a Komatsu Pc128uu-1, and has the hydraulic pump and control valve repair, in perfect condition, but the machine has no power, I checked the code 34 and 61, I want to know if you can help me with some information that I may have to make my machine I have running, I'd like to explain to me how to operate the buttons on the back next to the fuse, really appreciate it this helps. Good Day. :)

Andrew64

have you sorted out your PC150 problems, I own one and have had the same problems. E03 warning code can be caused buy the wiring conections from the throttle control to the wiring harness, there is a plug and the engine heat can effect the connections.

dingo

Occupation
diesel fitter
i had a similar problem on a 228uu. it was the merge/divide solenoid. Machine wouldnt push up, repaired wiring to valve worked a treat after that.

Heath

Having E05 problem!

Can anyone tell me the correct sequence to use on the buttons to bring up the fault codes on my 2002 PC150 LC-6 excavator? Thanks Heath
jey_c

I am assuming you are working on a Dash 6 model machine.

You have it correct. It is the general code for the swing holding brake. There is a bypass toggle switch that will give you that code if you have it shifted to continuously release the brake. On machines I've seen it is in the compartment with the fuse panel. There are two toggles and both will give you fault codes if shifted to the bypass side. One is the swing brake bypass and the other is the TVC Prolux switch which will bypass the computer control of the pumps. That system needs power to the solenoid to release the swing brake. Shifting the bypass puts power to the switch all the time unless you manually set the brake on the monitor panel.

FYI the general codes that will be displayed on the panel are as follows:

EO2 Pump TVC solenoid
EO3 Swing holding brake system
EO5 Governor motor control

The following are for machines with the Hyper GX systems.

EO1 Automatic mode system for Hyper GX
EO4 Control lever neutral system for Hyper GX
EO6 EPC solenoid drive system for Hyper GX

Kigwama

Hi broz?
I think your very family with komatsu. I have a problem with komatsu HD 325 truck. In this thruck i get error code E04 with mechatronics caution lamp display as well as alarm sounding.After trecing i found a transmission controller was off set, aftr reset the problem disappere ie no sound no code display. After several hours when i swiched on my machine that problem hapen again but when you switch on/off imediatly for 3 time error and sound disappere and machine back to normal.
This happen every time when i switch on my machine .
Please can i get assistance from you. you can contact with me throgh akigwama@yahoo.co.uk or akigwama@simbacement.co.tz
THankyou
Adam Kigwama.

wmshooke

Occupation
Mechanic
have you sorted out your PC150 problems, I own one and have had the same problems. E03 warning code can be caused buy the wiring conections from the throttle control to the wiring harness, there is a plug and the engine heat can effect the connections.
We work on a 150-5 and have had a couple of power problems, initially when we first got the machine the rpm sensor and another connector were switched (apparently they have the same connector) and plugged into something else. The second time was when the plastic gear in the electronic throttle control slipped a tooth and had to adjust it back - but we have not had problems since. (the machine gets rough use and has been flipped once or twice...)
Komatsu parts mykomatsu.com helps a lot with part diagrams.
William

Heath

Thank you very much. That gave me the codes and info. Turns out my problem was with the plastic gear teeth in the governor motor. I was shocked that ( plastic was used for the teeth on a gear ). For the price of a new one , you would think gold was used making them. Again thanks for the info, Heath

Maine HD6B Dude

John, I have a 150 LC dash 3. Is there an error code system on this vintage machine? My machine will stop travelling after it runs for a while. Mike

John C.

Occupation
There is a very basic system based on a red and green diode on the face of the computer. As I recall the computer for most of the Dash three machines was mounted behind the cab in the main control valve compartment. There should be a decal on the front of the computer under the diodes that say what the possible combinations mean. When everything is working right the green diode will be on all the time of flashing slowly or quickly. No diodes mean there is no power to the computer. There is a bypass switch usually under the computer and a little hard to find. It it is thrown the computer will show the red light on.

Back to your original problem. The computer did not have anything to do the travel function other than changing the output of the pump when the engine started to lose speed from a heavy load. Does your travel problem happen on both tracks in both directions or just one track? You could have a lot of things going on in a machine that old.

Maine HD6B Dude

Hello John,
Thanks for the quick reply. When I said my machine stopped traveling, I mean it will not move period. If I shut it down for a couple hours, it will be ready for traveling again. When it does stop traveling, I still have all the other functions working satisfactorily. Winter time in Maine has put the machine in hibernation at the present time unless we get a 40 degree day in the near future.
Mike

John C.

Occupation
The rest of the functions working and only the travel stops usually indicated the swivel seals are bad. The usual problem is that the system has been running hot and the seals are baked. As I recall the seals were blue colored when new and they changed to a white colored seal later on. If the seals are cooked you will find pieces in the return filter and/or the suction strainer in the tank.

The swivel can be repacked without removing the whole unit from the machine. Remove the hoses from on top and cap them somehow. I think there were four bolts in the top cover and a snap ring under that cover. There is also a pin and rod on the side of the housing that has to be removed. If the seals are bad you can lift the outer housing right off the center real easy. The seals are in lands inside the outer cover. Putting the new seals in is a little bit of a struggle so be careful. You will have to press or jack the outer housing back in place as the seals are real tight on the center section. Make sure you line up the stay rod before you push the housing down. Hook it all back up and try out the machine.

Good Luck!