• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

problem with injector pump

Occupation
electrical contractor
does anyone have advice on this problem i am getting fuel at the bleed screw but not at the injector lines

bowen

Occupation
Electrical Panel Builder
does anyone have advice on this problem i am getting fuel at the bleed screw but not at the injector lines
Does it have a solenoid back behind the unit? Mine has a solenoid and when the key is turned on you should have 12VDC on the solenoid.
If not you have an electrical problem.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
If it's cranking well, & the injector lines are open, fuel getting to pump & it is not delivering. The pump either is not turning with engine or it needs overhauling.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Are you sure that's not a 3 cyl Ford engine? I've never seen a Ford loader/hoe of that vintage with a Perkins engine. If it is a Ford engine with CAV pump, the ones I recall used a gravity feed fuel system, no lift pump. I agree with alrman, if fuel is getting there, you have verified the manual fuel shutoff is in run position, likely a problem with the injection pump.