• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pro-Line Trailers??

Bliz

Occupation
Excavator/Logger
Looking at their 30 ton tag trailer. Does anyone on the site have any experience or knowledge of the Pro-Line trailers? Seem to be a good trailer for the price. Comparing it to an Eager Beaver 25 ton, I can but 3 of these for the price of 2 Eager Beavers.

http://newtrailer.us/about-us/

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
No exp with proline but i just bought a new 20 ton eager beaver this year and i am very happy with my purchase

Oxbow

Looking at their 30 ton tag trailer. Does anyone on the site have any experience or knowledge of the Pro-Line trailers? Seem to be a good trailer for the price. Comparing it to an Eager Beaver 25 ton, I can but 3 of these for the price of 2 Eager Beavers.

http://newtrailer.us/about-us/

It certainly looks well built, and I like that it has a sealed wiring harness.

Fastdirt

Proline and Kaufman trailers are the same. I was vey interested in their 35 ton detach advertised brand new at around $28,500. After it was all said and done it was well over $40K. So I just bought a used Challenger 35t. That price was for spring ride not air ride. Price didn't include pony motor, boards in the middle, beavertail, wheel covers, aluminum wheels, or that monster F.E.T tax. Their advertising was good with the pictures of what was an equipped trailer with a bottom price. I still think it is a good looking trailer but I know the steel isn't as thick as the big guys. Still cheaper than a used Eager Beaver almost.

Just call them and get the actual out the door price with your options. That is a cool story in that link and he has some nice taste in trucks I'll say. One thing I don't like about that tag trailer is the C channel beams on the outside are turned around compared to an Eager Beaver and most every trailer I've seen (unless those are I beams but I doubt it and that would force the boards in even more). That means you can't hook a chain underneath and catch a cross beam to fit different machine sizes. It seems D-rings aren't always where you need them to be. They say they aren't cheap but affordable but I'll bet the steel is thinner where it can be.

I bought a used Eager Beaver tag trailer and really like it too. They have good resale. Not sure about a used Proline.