• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pricing

ttmassin

I live near charlotte and I am currently running a t590 bobcat and a cat mini ex what should i be charging per hour to be competitive?

390eric

Only you can really figure it out. You need to know your operating costs. Fuel usage Maintnece , breakdowns, insurance, mobilization, paying for operator, machine payments. Once you figure all this out then you can figure out what you need per hour to pay for all of it.

AustinM

I live near charlotte and I am currently running a t590 bobcat and a cat mini ex what should i be charging per hour to be competitive?
Start by taking what the machine is going to cost you to own per month (payments, insurance, licensing, depreciation, etc)
Then add what the machine is going to cost you to operate per month (fuel, oil, operators wages, teeth, cutting edges, tracks, etc)

Then divide by hour many hours you think it will run per month. That will be your hourly rate just to own and operate the machine. Then add a percentage of profit to that number.

Most rental companies in my area base their hourly rental rate on 176 hours of usage a month. That equates to 44 hours a week. Just off the cuff, an operated skidsteer around here goes for about $100/hr. That's +/- $20. My guess that is that the hourly cost for a mini ex and a skidsteer wouldn't be very far apart.

Todd v.

You have fixed expenses and hourly expenses both have to be calculated independenty. As the machine runs more the fixed expenses become less of a factor and the hourly expenses become more important. You need to be competitive with your competition to a degree unless you are doing something that no one else does. Maybe it's just taking on smaller work than most guys want or some king of specialty... Most folks in my area get around $100/hr for skidsteer work. But you will find the money is better if you become good at doing bid work, most people are leary of hiring someone by the hour. And when you are working hourly, the better and more efficient you become, the less you get paid for a given job and that's not how it should work.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
But you will find the money is better if you become good at doing bid work, most people are leary of hiring someone by the hour. And when you are working hourly, the better and more efficient you become, the less you get paid for a given job and that's not how it should work.

Couldn't agree more, I do very little work by the hour.