• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

price for new CAT D3c LGP pads?

lake side bob

Occupation
owner operator
This winter I want to put new track pads on the D3c LGP dozer.
CAT store gave me a price of $29.22 for each one , the part number is 6Y1385.
What have you been paying for D3c LGP track pads.
Call your local CAT store and find out they are selling them for, then communicate it.
Wondering what the range of prices are around the country for the same track pad, I know the dealers have a monolopy in their sales area, just wondering how nationally prices vary.
Thank you.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If your existing track shoes are in basically good condition (not too thin on the base or bent) can you get them re-grousered at a competitive price..?

6Y1385 showing as $27.97 in my pricing, but we are a big customer and get discounts over normal pricing.

Seabass

I know some guys who build up their own grousers with weld, or weld strips to add length. Takes time but if its between that and buying new pads its cheaper. Good practice too.

What about berco or similar companies? What are they giving for pricing?

Last edited:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Best (and only IMO) bar material for re-grousering is from Dura-Tuff. The others aren't worth wasting your money on & it's the brand that most dealers with a major undercarriage repair shop use. You can buy bar in all sorts of heights and pre-cut to the correct width to suit your shoes. Installing them is a doddle. http://www.dura-tuff.com/

In rock we get 3-4 lives out of Super Extreme Service track shoes (original + re-grousering 2/3 times) before the base of the shoe becomes too thin to warrant re-grousering again. Re-grousering costs us about 60% of the cost of a new track shoe and gives pretty much identical wear life to new shoes.

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
Diesel shop owner - truck, farm and heavy equipmen
6Y1385 $26.76 from two different Cat dealers

pwking13

If you look around you can probably find some used ones or perhaps some with rails, some people buying machines replace them with regular pads to extend the undercarrage life, if the don't need the flotation provided by wider tracks. Sometimes LGP's sell cheaper because of this.

bcole4

I know this thread is over a decade old but figured it’s worth a shot.

looking for the same pads for a D3c and my dealer quoted me $65 if I were to buy at least one side.

I know metal price has gone up but that’s crazy. Anyone else have a current price in their area?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
New pads at less the $60 a piece is still less than trying to weld grouser steel on.

lake side bob

Occupation
owner operator
I called Cat parts dept. a 6Y1385 today is $58.43.
Last year invoice dated January 5 2022 price for 6Y1385 was $44.29.
I see you are from our State in the middle of the Pacific Ocean so your price would be higher; shipping you understand.

Welder Dave

Check aftermarket such as Trek, ITM, etc. A D3C is a small relatively light machine so isn't as hard on undercarriage like a bigger dozer.

Welder Dave

It was about 15 years ago I did my undercarriage but at that time 14in. triple grouser pads for a 931B were about $15.00 or $16.00cad. Not even worth trying to remove and reuse any of the old pads. A lot of them were loose is why I replaced them but probably just as many were still tight. They were from Trek/DCF and have no noticeable wear in about 1700 hours on my loader with a heavy backhoe on the back. I bet they'd measure as new. I paid a couple hundred bucks extra to have them bolted on properly in the track press. Torque turn for 288 bolts by hand didn't appeal to me.

Last edited: