• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Powerscreen Chieftan hydraulic problems

excavator

I have a customer with a Powerscreen Chieftain screener on tracks. Last July they were tracking it and the center spun out of the pump coupler. I replaced it, 2 weeks later it broke the pump input shaft, again while tracking. The dealer came out, installed an updated pump, checked it all over and they ran it for the rest of the summer, very little through the winter. This past Monday they were screening and it again broke the pump input shaft on the new pump. They said they would warranty it but I installed it. I'm in need of any info as to checking/setting the pressures ect. and also am wondering if anyone else has had issues like these. In my opinion the new pump is not adequate for this machine. It's a 3 section pump, with a 1" shaft that has a 3/8"bolt hole drilled in it approx. 1" deep, ending right where it sheared. I found an allen head bolt and loctited it in but not sure that's going to make much difference. I don't have the pump numbers here so am unsure of the flow on each section. Any thoughts or info? Serial number is PID00124T76D05061 Thanks.

Raff

It's a treble pump so generally these are quite long in length. Resulting in a stress either in the engine flywheel or in the pumps shaft. There should be a pump mounting support bracket to transfer some of the stress of the weight into the bell housing of the engine therefore helping to reduce the stress on the pump to engine coupling/pump shaft. 99% of treble pumps I see would have a pump support like this or similar way