• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pettibone Cary Lift 204A

KTRasch

Occupation
Retired
I've acquired a Pettibone 204A ex-military forklift sn 2273. Has a GM 4-71 engine. Can anyone tell me what's the story on these machines.

Vetech63

I am the Pettibone dealer here in Oklahoma. What would you like to know? On your serial number tag there should be an attachment number, what is that number?

Vetech63

Your machine was ordered by the Directorate for Procurement and Production General Supply center in Richmond Virginia on August 10, 1966. It was ordered with a Detroit 4-71 Diesel engine S# 4A-132770, CRT 3331-1 Transmission S# 48496, springs and sways, 1100 lbs. ballast, 6' forks, and no-spin front axle. Final inspection date was January 17, 1967. The machine was shipped by rail on January 25, 1967 to the Naval Construction Battalion Center in Port Heuneme, California. It looks like from the log records that it is a basic 20000 lbs. forklift.

KTRasch

Occupation
Retired
I appreciate your response and the spec data on my machine. Once I've taken delivery of the unit and have had time to complete a detailed inspection, I may have further questions.

Thank you.