• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pete Pics

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Chrome doesn't make you any money.:beatsme
But it's still nice to chicken out your truck just a bit. :naughty
There ain't no feelin' like Petermobeelin'
:cool2

jimmyjack

theres a landscaper around here that has that same truck just red, he liked the look of the drop visor we have on the two petes at work so he had the dealer put the same drop visor on his ( i think it a 12" drop). it looks pretty cool if you ask me:cool:

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
And a couple extras:
Curbside in the sunshine:
View attachment 1473

Dash layout:
View attachment 1474

Another:
View attachment 1476

"Petewear" included!
View attachment 1475

This is me doing my best "Jeff D in a Pete" impression... Seat is on the floor, knees are in the dash, Hat pulled down for "attitude" (Just messin' with ya buddy, hope your trucks home soon!:thumbsup ) :cool:
View attachment 1477

Now THERE'S a man who knows E X A C T L Y what he's doing....:notworthy

:drinkup :D

jhill

Orchard pete, I am curious what you do with that Pete to pay for it. I hear on here constantly that you can't make money with a single axle truck and yet you buy a really fancy Pete and seem to be making money with it.

just curious

Jerry

NateV

Occupation
Excavating
The equipment makes the money not the truck. Atlesast thats how it is for us. I dont think you can make money trucking with just a single axle.

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
Jerry,
I do light excavation and hardscaping to support my truck and equipment habit. Dig footers for additions, rework yards, build/regrade driveways etc. and a bunch of paver patios and sidewalks. The Pete tows the other equipment and fetches paver base, sand, topsoil whatever. I run a few "homeowner loads" of material too. In corporate terms "The single axle fits our business model". That may not work for others, their business is different. I may outgrow it and need a triaxle one day, who knows.:beatsme

One guy near here ran a single axle Ford for as long as I can remember and put food on the table and kids through school with it. One material yard was running 3 or 4 singles and only 1 tandem.

You have to run what works for you, not not what works for a guy in another state or another country. (That's my polite way of saying that some of what is posted on here is BS :D )
BTW - Who says I'm making any money ;)

Anti74

Hi, does anyone know the weight on a Trojan 4000 1977 ? I have buy and restore one to a pretty good shape