• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC50 power?

Idigmywork

Owner/Operators of Komatsu PC50 / Need to know how you feel about hydraulic power on this machine. Specificly swing torque (power). And who has a quik coupler that dosn't let teeth hit the cylinder.
Thanks in advance
Idigmywork

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I have a PC45 mr1 wich almost the same for me it is the best machine i own nd have used plenty of power. I have a quick coupler it will not hit the cylinder but the cylinder gaurd is long gone.

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
I own a mid 90 s pc40 and love the hell out of it,steel track which I had to install new chains. The swing power I think is kinda weak though for instance back filling by sweeping spoils with the bucket. The track drive tourqe isn't the greatist but that might just be tired motors. Digging power is great though even better now sinse I cut off the plate that had been welded over the teeth.I guess it was for digging in sand not the NY clays and rock I incounter. I also built an Hydaulic thumb for it which works great.