• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PC300-8 Weak Travel

Farmereinar

Ive checked travel spools, merge divider, could it be filters apparently in banjo fittings & ought i swap pilot valve lines to another function and retest? WILL post more info tomorrow. thanks, working on a reseal job of control valve assy on a pc200lc-8 and then the 300 came in :(2023-11-11-00-38-09.jpg

Last edited:

Farmereinar

I meant to say SWING, my apologies, it tracks fine, all other work equipment is normal and has power and speed, the swing in either left or right is lacking speed and any power

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
As you've already mentioned, any filtered fitting to prevent trash migration should be checked. But before that, I would verify my pilot pressure. Measure your source at the self-pressure-reducing valve. Then I would compare that against what's in the manifold feeding your RCVs and then see what you have being delivered to your spool caps. I know this sounds like a lot but it will help you narrow your search. If pilot oil is correct and proportional to your input of function, then I'd be looking at pump pressures and the potential that you have weak travel reliefs or a worn out turning joint that might need a reseal. Since only your travel is affected, it seems very likely. And if your hitting higher pressure with arm-in with power max than with travel, that kinda says something, if that's what you come up with. Is it one side or both?